+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem logging on to Moode / Volumio with no internet access

I'm Josie.

Default Problem logging on to Moode / Volumio with no internet access

Hi all.

Due to some problems with god awful TalkTalk. I now have no internet access apart from my phone which isn't the best.

Anyway... When I now try to log on to Moode/Volumio using the Moode/local or the direct ip address the address changes to a Talktalk help page saying 'you have no access, let's get you connected'. I can still log on to my router and change the settings but I've no idea what to do with that.

Does anyone know how I can stop it automatically going to the Talktalk page and connect to Moode/volumio?

Many thanks
    Jo
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Sounds like the dns is trying to go out on internet. What are you typing in bar? Did you clear the cache? Putting the local ip should technically work but if router needs to speak to basecamp first as can happen you might not manage it. I dont know talks ways as never used them. I can do it on plusnet, although its easier on pc.
    There is a moode name you can type in too which might work.
    I,d post the query on the moode help page. Plenty ip genius,s in the forum jo. Its in digi too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Hi grant.

I'm typing volumio.local/

and then it automatically changes to:

192.168.1.1/html/selfhelp/helpmain.asp
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi grant.

I'm typing volumio.local/

and then it automatically changes to:

192.168.1.1/html/selfhelp/helpmain.asp
    Try various ips from 2 up to say 15 at end instead of 1... ie. 192.168.1.2. Then 192.168.1.3 etc. You obviously need to have wifi on and phones own 3g off. Fing would tell you exactly the local ip. You could try downloading from 3g then run it on wifi with 3g off
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Ah...Many Thanks, grant. Your a starbar. It's working with 1.7

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Great.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

You could reserve the IP address for the RasPi in the router settings - at least then your player won't go walkabout on the network.
    What happens every now and then is the router will reallocate all of the dynamically provided addresses, and that's usually the point when someone pops up asking for help.
    By the look of it Moode goes off to a remote server which then looks back to the user end to find the device.

What's up with your broadband connection? Is the line noisy?
    It's a bit unfair calling Talk Talk - their service is provided by AN Other (ie BT).
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Most services wont let you reserve unless you pay. I know mine doesnt.. my moode was stuck at 13 for about a year but when i added something to my list of equipment it moved it to 15 now. Dont think jo,s quibble is with the broadband persay, its with their admin.
    Last edited by struth; 01-03-2017 at 13:37.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

What, on your local (home) network?
    Don't be daft ...

I'm not talking about static IP addresses on WAN. You do have to pay for that.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Well router doesnt have a bit in advanced to lock down an ip. I tried this a while ago when it changed every other day. Seems to have stopped that now. Dunno why tho. I use fing to keep track of where everything is anyway so its not a prob. Best app out there imo. Fancy one of there boxes actually, but money is tight at moment so its on the wish list. Tbh ive got way too many wifi stuff and will run out of ips soon
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast