+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clock upgrading which one

Default Clock upgrading which one

If you had a DAC and transport with identical clock's and you wanted to upgrade one of them which would be the best to change? Would you improve signal in or signal out?
    Kirk.

I'm Nobody.

Kirk
    It's more than likley that the clock in your machine is poor quality anyway , you need a seperate power supply for one aswell..I fitted Trichord Clock 4 in my old Sony for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Kirk
    It's more than likley that the clock in your machine is poor quality anyway , you need a seperate power supply for one aswell..I fitted Trichord Clock 4 in my old Sony for starters
    I use a Meridian 518 to compensate for poor clocking just curious on this one.
    Kirk.

I'm andrew.

I would have thought transport first, send the cleanest possible signal to the dac.

I'm Nobody.

Whats your player Kirk?

All thats involved it replacing the Oscilator and associated parts onboard & replace with clock board, fit a seperate psu for the new board.You just have to tell your supplier what frequency the original is.

Your looking for something like below, maybe a bit taller, it'll have the frequency printed ontop
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 23-03-2010 at 03:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Whats your player Kirk?
    DIY job LINK pic's half way down page

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    I would have thought transport first, send the cleanest possible signal to the dac.
    Makes sense
    Kirk.

I'm Tony.

Tent labs?

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If you had a DAC and transport with identical clock's and you wanted to upgrade one of them which would be the best to change? Would you improve signal in or signal out?
    If your dac has an ASRC, than you should upgrade the DAC's clock. Any upgrade of the source clock will be lost in the ASRC process.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Hi

The ideal is to use a very low phase noise clock in the DAC and slave the transport to the DAC.
    Mark @ Audiocom, Wales UK - 01646 650008

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    If your dac has an ASRC, than you should upgrade the DAC's clock. Any upgrade of the source clock will be lost in the ASRC process.
    May be understanding this wrong but are you saying a DAC with a ASRV process is immune from source jitter as the proses goes on in the DAC so it would not matter what signal you sent it?

Also what is a DIR9001 digital receiver is this the same as a clock what does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocom View Post
    Hi

The ideal is to use a very low phase noise clock in the DAC and slave the transport to the DAC.
    Thanks Mark
    Last edited by captain; 02-01-2010 at 21:49.
    Kirk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast