+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good deal on a Rega?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Truckletheuncivil View Post
    Inspire hifi make plinths in birch ply with various veneers available. I've never heard one but they have a showroom where you can hear their stuff
    Inspire TT are very good. Better than the stock version IMO. Also their Customer Service was very good too.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Chris.

Hi Mike,

Sorry late to this thread..story of my life but IMHO looks a bit of a steal and also a interesting project which I reckon will prove well worth the effort. So good luck and look forward to hearing/seeing how you get on with it.

Chris

I'm Mike.

Bit of an update, i've stripped the deck down to it's components, i figured that it's probably never been serviced and seeing as it came with the R200 arm would assume that it's an older deck, anyway i've cleaned the motor, baring and sub platter spindle, lubricated them and instead of using the rubber band to attach the motor, i've mounted it to the underside of the plinth with a sorbothane gasket, i've also replaced the pulley for a twin belt type and replaced the drive belts. i've got an rpm checker on my iPhone and it's running at 33.19 to 33.20 rpm, so nice and steady if a tad slow.

A couple of things though, the drive belts aren't particularly tight, which surprised me a bit, also how can i get the speed closer to 33.33rpm as it's running about 0.13 rpm too slow.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Mike.

So after a bit of fiddling i've managed to get the speed just about bang on at 33.34rpm, i've got the arm fitted, cart mounted at set and it's all sounding sweet
    Here's some pics

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123