+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardas Record

I'm Andy.

Default Cardas Record

Hi Guys

I bought quite a while ago the Cardas Record Frequency Sweep. I’m sure this has been mentioned before, but will do so again, after been reminded by a good mate of mine from another forum.

For the first time in a while I had a good long session playing music, mainly vinyl, as I had a few LP’s I had bought recently and not yet played. After a few LP’s had been spinning I put the Cardas Record onto the TT.

I ran the Cardas Record, on the long frequency sweep. Then played the same previously play LP’s. Right from the start there is more Presence of sound, instruments had a more precise focus and as daft as it sounds the frequency extremes were more extended and defined. There is a more coherent and engaging sound form the music.

Make of that what you will, I can’t give an explanation of how or why it works. I aren’t that bother why either, it just does.

From my point of view it is a well worthy accessory for my musical enjoyment.

Andy - SDDW
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 03-01-2010 at 11:14.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

i have one of these ' they do work ' i don't really understand how ' either .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    i have one of these ' they do work ' i don't really understand how ' either .
    Chris

Good to hear I'm not the only one who likes this product.

I tried it again last night and the changes were less obvious, so it is not something you need to do at every playing, just a sort of tune up of the system every now and again.
    Still well worth having it, as useful as the other tools needed to keep the TT in fine fettle.

Andy - SDDW

I'm Chris.

Hi Andy

Yes i find it very useful every now and then ' also it seems to revitalize my cartridge ' after extended use that is .

Keep it always
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    I tried it again last night and the changes were less obvious
    Depends if you only had one sock on or two, or if you had written a message in a cd case before starting, I reckon...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andy.

Alex I think I was wearing these at the time;

As for the message on in the CD case. Never had the need since I passed out to be practitioner in the 'Dark Arts'

Have you tried the Cardas, you may or may not be surprised at the result.

Andy - SDDW

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

LOL! No, Andy, I've not tried it, to be honest my system is so lo-fi I doubt I would notice if I was playing a sock instead anyway! I was just having a little bit of fun at the expense of "Shippy" (Soundhaspriority) - you may or may not have seen the posts of his a while back, heavily promoting "Beltism" - and my post was a bad attempt at a joke - sorry, no offence intended to you or the Cardas product.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

What I find nice about this product is that it has a fair price.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Chris.

Alex ' you have a nice system ' not lo-fi in my book ' love that project deck ' and the Creek's were always excellent amp's .
    Chris

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    LOL! No, Andy, I've not tried it, to be honest my system is so lo-fi I doubt I would notice if I was playing a sock instead anyway! I was just having a little bit of fun at the expense of "Shippy" (Soundhaspriority) - you may or may not have seen the posts of his a while back, heavily promoting "Beltism" - and my post was a bad attempt at a joke - sorry, no offence intended to you or the Cardas product.
    Alex

No probs, no offence taken in the least.
    It's good to make lite of stuff, I usually do it to myself first.

Andy - SDDW

BTW Chris is right, your music is not Lo-Fi. I bet it sounds good.
    Last edited by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker; 03-01-2010 at 21:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast