+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Mod

I'm Mick.

Default Cheap Mod

Just put this in today but still in 2 minds. Don't know if it is a good thing or looks tatty any comments please?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Looks fine to me Mike. It's very important for the turntable to be level in all planes. All of my TTs have built-in bubble levels.
    Barry

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Looks fine to me Mike. It's very important for the turntable to be level in all planes. All of my TTs have built-in bubble levels.
    Barry I have other bubble levels I also use. Just wondered what I could put in the hole rather than the 45 adapter. Still not 100% yet though
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I also use one of these:

Barry

I'm Robert.

I like that Barry

I'm Mick.

I prefer that to the one I just fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some good advice following my thread: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...iday-tinkering!.
    Barry

I'm Dimitris.

I have one too, but I have it floating around, not permanently attached
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Mick.

Update to the cheap mod. It has now cost me £33 as I saw this Oyaide record weight yesterday. Looks miles better in my opinion and sits in the hole perfect. Spirt level, record weight, and 45 adapter all in one.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Robert.

Like it Mick, Those little subtle touches make all the difference in my opinion and one of the reasons why I love a cool looking record weight, certain feet and even the look of certain carts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast