+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OB Experiments

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    OTL ?
    The one Ali has does have blocking capacitors on the output though.
    I have heard a Polish copy of this OTL and it was exceedingly good.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Have you ever tried building one with any other type of sweep tube? I have boxes full of them. I got most of my tubes from buying up the hoardes of retired repairmen.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Straighten up your vinyl man!! Are you living on a hill?
    LOL, pic was taken during a heavy listening session. It's all tidy now.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I've been tempted for a while...the 300B from Bruce would be nice but eight 300Bs ain't cheap. That leaves Mini Beast or Evermore (16 x EL34 or 6550).
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Mini Beast should be good on you speakers Clive, you run actively do you not?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Mini Beast should be good on you speakers Clive, you run actively do you not?
    I do indeed, the OTL would handle 90Hz upwards. The MB seems like the sane option. The speakers being 16R should help too.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm James.

Brilliant, glad you are finding your way with them .
    I was a bit sad to see them go to be honest but I'm certainly not in the place to make any use of them and I know that you are so have a blast with them .
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Hope your health is picking up?

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Further experimentation. Now using a rare pair of Crysler D 500 compression drivers with horns along with a pair of SB Acoustics Sartori TW29r tweeters. This is the best I've heard so far, though after talking to a friend who is building his own horn setup, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go four way, I'll use a pair of Alpair A12P drivers 200-800hz, as the Eminences are not really happy going up that high.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Wondered when you'd get around to using those Ali.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast