+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Deck finished and on test !

I'm Karl.

Default New Deck finished and on test !

Hi all,

Just like to share my latest 'Man Shed' project. The "K2" DD turntable. Designed and built in the last few months and now finally spinning the vinyl and sounding very sweet indeed...!! unbiased as i am of course.

So for those are interested, its a laminated Aluminium and acrylic construction, total of 50mm thick weighing in at around 10kg. 5mm clear for the lower layer which acts as a light guide for the mood lighting then 20mm black acrylic makes the base layer then a 5mm aluminium layer that the motor mounts too. then another 20mm black layer of acrylic. All the electrics are in a separate control box of a similar laminated construction. The connections are via two separate leads, one for the motor the other for lighting and strobe and connected using small aircraft panel connectors so that it can be separated easily. The whole unit is mounted via turned acrylic spikes that are adjustable.
    The arm is a Rega RB303 (rewired) and sits on an adjustable VTA mount. Sure V15 Vx with V15 VMR stylus.
    The Donner TT was a 1974 Hitachi PS38, some new components were required, and some parts were discarded. The LED lights are controlled via a 12v touch on/off dimmer switch.

thanks for looking.. any questions comments welcome...

Karl...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Geoff.

Looks very striking and beautifully built Karl. Good job!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Oh wow. Cracking job there Karl, well done.

I'm Charlie.

Looks a beaut. I'm sure it sounds great too.

I'm Tim.

Awesome job, unique look, great job and beautiful design.
    how did you cut and polish the parts for the plinth?

I'm Mark.

That's a thing of absolute beauty - can't wait to see your lid..!!.. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Looks very stylish, professional and individual -

I'm Karl.

All, thank you for the kind words..!
    The plinth was bolted together then.. cut with jig saw, then routed to a template. Then.. the sanding bench sander 60 grit..then 240 then by hand with wet and dry 500 800 1000 1200 1500 2000 2500 then G3 cutting compound. Brasso to finish..
    as for the lid.. materials arrived today... ��

I'm Grant.

Bet it was quite the oar deal Very nice.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Wow !!!!! Beautiful looking turntable.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast