+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bristol H-Fi Show 2017 Pics and BS

I'm Justin.

Spendor made me smile this year. I didn't take pics, but they pulled off an alarming trick.

They had three rooms, expensive (for them), mid price, and cheap. As I went from room to room in that order, the sound seemed to get progressively better

Result!

I'm Justin.

That's it really. All snaps are here, if it works. 112 pics, no edits, all I took. Anyone can do or post them wherever they like with no need to ask me.

Hit download and get the lot in one zip file. Send them to North Korea. Spread the hi-fi word.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApUl1xxOUo0lhB-na5wbgzPzEsyw

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    The ProAc/Esoteric setup I mentioned above. Surely some volume and some music I like would have improved the situation vastly, I thought.

I thought this room suffered from a Nordost cable influence. I thought Warfedale is worth a mention for what they were achieving for £200. The TAD speakers were sounding way out of character (super bright) that I thought something must be broken in the replay chain.

I'm David.

I like the higher end TADs. But they are damned expensive. I think they are best appreciated at the likes of Munich where the relative price to the rest of the gear/other loudspeakers at the show isn't high.

Personally, for £18K odd, I kind of want more loudspeaker than this. One that can displace some real air.
    They're £12k odd. I'm not a major fan of piano music (nothing against the instrument, although I do like a lot of film scores that involve piano), but the piano track they played sounded amazing, really hitting home some really "crash bang" piano playing. I could quite easily detect what a lot of other loudspeakers struggle to do.

A better room may well get more out of them, but go from this room to almost any other room and everything just sounds like boom (I went in the Wilson Benesch room not long after, but much preferred TAD).
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    I thought this room suffered from a Nordost cable influence. I thought Warfedale is worth a mention for what they were achieving for £200. The TAD speakers were sounding way out of character (super bright) that I thought something must be broken in the replay chain.
    What were Wharfedale showing?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Simon.

Yeah - the usual Michell/ProAc thing. Was quite quiet when I was in there.

Are they losing the aesthetics a bit? I think they are. I don't like those big plastic cages they are using much. Still good quality stuff, though, I say, speaking as a Michell owner.

Hey - I can see my amp and phono stage there! Nice to think they are worthy of being in a Hi-Fi show. They were sounding good last night Thanks for taking the pics.
    Simon.

I'm Phil.

thanks Justin

ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

Thanks Justin for taking the time and effort to show us what was there. For the many of us who could not get down there..
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm James.

Yes cheers Justin, like your frank commentary on the gear you saw.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Adam.

One filthy TT. Dirty tarts usually come cheap. Expensiveness obviously not close to cleanliness here.

If she cleaned up her act people might be prepared to pay the good money she is probably worth.

I feel I should apologise for this one!

Decent Audio had an issue with the turntable they were intending to use and so asked for this one back, which I had been reviewing for the past three weeks. As I returned from a short break on the Thursday evening to this news, in my haste to pack it for travel in order to deliver it on time to them on the Friday morning, dusting it may have had to fall by the wayside!

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast