+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bristol H-Fi Show 2017 Pics and BS

I'm Tony.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    A few TAD shots. TAD Compact Evolution One loudspeaker. Worthy of a better room I think quite unable to justify itself and expose expensive speaker advantages in here. Nothing to complain about they clearly sounded fine this year, just not particularly memorable.

I like the higher end TADs. But they are damned expensive. I think they are best appreciated at the likes of Munich where the relative price to the rest of the gear/other loudspeakers at the show isn't high.

Personally, for £18K odd, I kind of want more loudspeaker than this. One that can displace some real air.

Nice images thank you Justin

Though the speakers are the brand new Micro Evolution 1's (last year we ran the Compact Evolution 1's) and the cost is some five and half thousand pounds less per pair.

A big thank you for all of the very positive comments that room received.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Phil.

and good to see you looking so well tony !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Nice images thank you Justin

Though the speakers are the brand new Micro Evolution 1's (last year we ran the Compact Evolution 1's) and the cost is some five and half thousand pounds less per pair.

A big thank you for all of the very positive comments that room received.
    Ah - my assertion was based on the two leaflets I picked up in there - both for the Compact Evolution One.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yes cheers Justin, like your frank commentary on the gear you saw.
    I hope what I say isn't taken too seriously, really. It was all done quickly whilst managing the media in a deliberate attempt to "get it done quick", whilst making a few points.

The Spendor comment was a bit harsh but I really was amused by the paradox at the time. The reason is probably simply what was playing in each room championing the actual speakers themselves. Or you'd hope

I'm Paul.

Cheers Justin, Brizzle is too far for me so this is useful. Interesting to compare your comments to the HiFiPig review.....

I'm Tony.

Hello Phil

Nice to see you as well, hope all is well with you and the family

For ourselves it was a very busy Bristol and would venture it was for quite a few exhibitors as well. One really pleasing aspect for many exhibitors was the amount of positivity that was evident about the show.

Plus a large contingent of new faces was pleasing to see as well.

Apart from the a very small smattering from self appointed audio guardians of the whippet thrashers and toe tappers forum, which bench marked everything against a steroid induced tune dem formula it was great.

Given the show was thirty years old this year and still in the same hotel the amount of visitors was encouraging.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 01-03-2017 at 15:55.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Justin.

Given the show was thirty years old this year and still in the same hotel the amount of visitors was encouraging.
    I think I might have been to every single one of them. If I've missed one I can't remember it.

Shame Alternative Audio didn't make it. I always enjoy the NAT amps and Analysis Audio Omega speakers. Less dynamic than an Apogee of similar size but still a very good sounding speaker. Planar magnetic speakers are thin on the ground, but my first encounter with one was the Omega. I got hooked...

I'm Phil.

Hello Phil

Nice to see you as well, hope all is well with you and the family

For ourselves it was a very busy Bristol and would venture it was for quite a few exhibitors as well. One really pleasing aspect for many exhibitors was the amount of positivity that was evident about the show.

Plus a large contingent of new faces was pleasing to see as well.

Apart from the a very small smattering from self appointed audio guardians of the whippet thrashers and toe tappers forum, which bench marked everything against a steroid induced tune dem formula it was great.

thanks tony , yes all well
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789