+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Coming Soon to a TV Near You

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Spotted a programme on iPlayer about Santana too - I've listened to the Hendrix documentary - that was excelent; the Santana documentary is on now - it's rather good too !
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Don't forget tonight at 10:00:
    'Jimi Hendrix: Guitar Hero'.
    John Brewer's recounts the four years Jimi Hendrix spent in London, told through the testimonies of people who knew him. Featuring contributions by Eric Clapton, Dave Mason, Ginger Baker, Eric Burdon and members of Crosby, Stills & Nash.

Followed at 11:30 by:
    'Guitar Heros at the BBC'.
    Archive footage of guitarists taken from BBC music shows of the 1970s. Includes electric performances by Carlos Santana, and Mark Knopfler, and John Martyn and Paco Peńya on acoustic guitar.
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Earlier this evening, I watched Songwriters Circle:

Justin Currie, Chris Difford and Boo Hewerdine are the featured artists as BBC Four combines great singer-songwriters for unique concerts celebrating the craft of the song.
    Filmed at Bush Hall on Uxbridge Road in west London, these concerts see three singer-songwriters perform their classic songs in turn, while helping each other out musically with harmonies and the odd guitar part. The artists only meet an hour or two before going on stage and, in between performance, take viewers inside their work, chattng about their songs, their history and background.
    The three songwriters - Justin Currie, formerly of Del Amitri, who wrote hits including Nothing Ever Happens; Chris Difford, who mixes his solo work with Squeeze hits such as Up the Junction; and Boo Hewerdine, formerly of The Bible and perhaps best known for writing Patience of Angels for Eddie Reader - compare notes on songwriting, life after Top of the Pops and the male menopause.

It's repeated later tonight/early tomorrow morning:
    Sat 9 Oct 02:00 BBC Four

or:
    Wed 13 Oct 02:00 BBC Four

I reckon that these three are responsible for some of the best songs ever. Just watch the bit when one of Justin Currie's performances reduces Chris Difford to tears - literally.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just to remind everyone that the third part of the two series 'Singer/Songwriters at the BBC' and 'Songwriters' Circle' are being shown tonight starting at 9:00 and 10:00 respectively.

Afterwards at 11:00 is 'Leonard Cohen: Songs from the Road' "An hour-long compilation of highlights from the musician;s 2008-2009 world tour, featuring the song Bird on the Wire, Famous Blue Raincoat and Hallelujah.

Then at 12:00, BBC Four Seasons -Randy Newman: "the American singer performs at LSO St Luke's in London."
    Barry

I'm ILOB.

For those of you who enjoy a bit of Heavy Metal BBC4 is showing a few docs tonight
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nick.

Heavy Metal Britannia sounds good!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Martin.

If you haven't seen it already (or if you want to see it again - and why not? - as Barry Norman used to say) - 0100 hrs - BBC4 Classic Albums - Black Sabbath , Paranoid.

Hey the clocks went back its only starting at midnight really.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm drunk.

I'm colin.

Default johny dankworth

Watching johny Dankworth on telly. This guys amazing, and his misses.
    I remember watching their show in the 70s and as a kid hating it.

I'm ILOB.

BBC2 tonight a few programes relating to Robert Plant
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast