+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Coming Soon to a TV Near You

MartinT Guest

Saga is an interesting character. Would you say Asperger's, or some other social disconnection ailment? I loved her calm assurance to the chap in the car that he wouldn't feel a thing

I looked up that bridge and it's one hell of a piece of engineering.

I'm Bob.

Not on tonight, but Friday 25th 19.30 (plus two late repeats Saturday and Monday):

Documentary on Frederick Delius

And for Scandidrama fans the original Wallander actor - Rolf Lassgard, is back next Sat for a two-parter as a profiler. "Cracker" in Swedish. Tak!

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    And for Scandidrama fans the original Wallander actor - Rolf Lassgard, is back next Sat for a two-parter as a profiler. "Cracker" in Swedish. Tak!
    I'm mourning the end of The Bridge so I'll check it out. Ah!

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I'm mourning the end of The Bridge so I'll check it out. Ah!
    Yes, good ending! Gotta love Saga; it would be good to listen in to the conversation at dinner .

I did feel the plot had holes the size of the Baltic Sea in it - not least being how could TT know that Martin would be assigned to the original top and bottom murder on the the bridge; I'm guessing that Copenhagen CID has more than one investigator . . But if you don't think too deeply it was a good series, the best aspect being the relationship between Martin and Saga IMO.

There's a season 2, so we can hope they're both back for that; Saga is, 'cos I read an interview with the actress on the Telegraph website . .

If there was a UK version, it could be called The Tunnel, and pair Maigret with Morse.

MartinT Guest

There's a season 2
    Great news! Saga is an intriguing creation and more than once I nearly spluttered coffee everywhere at something she said

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

not least being how could TT know that Martin would be assigned to the original top and bottom murder on the the bridge; I'm guessing that Copenhagen CID has more than one investigator . . But if you don't think too deeply it was a good series, the best aspect being the relationship between Martin and Saga IMO.
    I think you could apply that logic to pretty much any crime drama to be honest, as I doubt there are many places in the world where the same Detectives always get the lead on murder cases - you would have to be a pretty unlucky Detective to get stuffed with all the work, all the time! "Oh bloody hell Boss, not another murder case"

I too will miss it, I thought Saga was one of the most interesting characters that has ever been on TV and she played the part so well. Go Saga . . . maybe we should start a fan club?

I want to know where that Club is she goes to when she's feeling 'frisky', as I'm setting up camp in there
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I want to know where that Club is she goes to when she's feeling 'frisky', as I'm setting up camp in there
    I expect there's a queue at the door by now . . .

MartinT Guest

You may not want to try Saga's approach in the club though, Tim. You could end up with a very slapped face

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    You may not want to try Saga's approach in the club though, Tim.
    I have a funny story which foils that theory Martin, mind you it was in 1978 and I was a lot younger and fitter then as a handsome 'new' sailorboy in Plymouth
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

Do tell, Tim. Did you try the Saga direct talkin' approach? Did it work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast