+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Wanted! Identify resistor on Pink Triangle LPT PSU...

I'm Mike.

Default Help Wanted! Identify resistor on Pink Triangle LPT PSU...

I need assistance, someone is bound to have an old LPT in their hideouts somewhere. One of the resistor on my PSU has been overly cooked so it is no longer readable as to what its original value was... Its the one circled in red in the pictures below and here's a closer look first:

It has been removed, and measures 40.6 KOhms, which would suggest it was once orange-white-orange, but it does not look that way. If anything it looks like brown-gray-brown of 180 Ohms.. So you see, the options are endless...

Images are clickable!

Undersidan:

Slutligen, en "sammanslagning" av de båda som kanske underlättar att följa ledningsbanorna om det hjälper ngn:

I'm Andy.

It will be 39K [Orange/White/Orange] 5% Tolerance

I'm Mike.

Thanks for your input Stewie!
    I agree that is a highly probable value, at the same time the markings sure look brown! I dont know what heat does to the colours but assume they will become more "earthy"

I'm Alan.

Resistors that are overheated do tend to go brown all over, rather quickly if it is a severe overload ().

See if you can fit a bigger one so it runs cooler

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Wot he sed. That board looks to have been well cooked over the years. I'd uprate all that show any signs of heat damage.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dimitris.

Yeah the area around those TO92 critters looks nasty.
    I would replace all the high wattage resistors with something like 5W panasonics, and check the transistors' temp as well.
    It really looks like something is wrong in there...
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

+ Reply to Thread