+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB CABLE What's the score?

I'm Grant.

lol... no worries. ive got one that Ive used I got second hand. cost me 20. cant tell difference to a cheap one personally but its better made and looks better. Some of the guys with better ears say they can and I have to believe them as they wouldnt kid themselves on.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Cheers grant, I've PMd Gaz
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if its usb cables then again thats different to 70 ohm coax. Gazjam and Tony, plus Brian of the Scottish Mafia did some A,B,C's with digital cables.(I was at some of them) pm Gaz and ask him. he knows his stuff re dig cables.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm tony.

Adam,
    Us Scottish lads have had quite a few get together s trying digital cables. USB cables can vary quite a bit. Ive compared the supra to various budget belkins and the like and it is quite a noticeable upgrade. I moved to a furatech f2 which was an upgrade sonically. Brian of this parish made me up a usb cable with individually shielded silver co-ax wire-it was the best I have used.

I believe Brian has been using a new usb cable which he rates highly-he knows his onions when it comes to cables so it will be my next try( wont break the bank either!!)

I'm Adam.

Hi tony
    Many Thanks for that, this cable you speak of by Brian, is very interesting....
    How does one go about contacting Brian please

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Adam,
    Us Scottish lads have had quite a few get together s trying digital cables. USB cables can vary quite a bit. Ive compared the supra to various budget belkins and the like and it is quite a noticeable upgrade. I moved to a furatech f2 which was an upgrade sonically. Brian of this parish made me up a usb cable with individually shielded silver co-ax wire-it was the best I have used.

I believe Brian has been using a new usb cable which he rates highly-he knows his onions when it comes to cables so it will be my next try( wont break the bank either!!)

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Hi tony
    Many Thanks for that, this cable you speak of by Brian, is very interesting....
    How does one go about contacting Brian please
    Brian2597 is his moniker on here just drop him a PM, as the lads say he really does know his cables and he won't take your eye teeth out with his prices.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Brian2597 is his moniker on here just drop him a PM, as the lads say he really does know his cables and he won't take your eye teeth out with his prices.
    Thanks Martin, I will

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Thanks Martin, I will
    Oops sorry Adamit's Brian2957 I always get it mixed up
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Adam.

I PM'd him Cheers Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Oops sorry Adamit's Brian2957 I always get it mixed up

I'm tony.

The furatech usb cables are very good I have a formula 2 which is very good, Gary or Brian had a GT2 which was better again. As said the cable Brian made for me and Gary bettered all comers but Brian is using a bought cable that he reckons shades his own creation-cant for the life of me remember what it was!!!

Silver something?

I'm Gary.

Brian's using a Chord usb cable nowadays, which 'blows away' the one you heard Tony.

Got your PM Adam, Brian's USB that Tony mentioned was a lot better than the Furutech's that we had (£100 cables), but his new Chord USB is apparently a big step up from his own recipe.

Not sure which one he has, best give the man a PM...he's a helpful chap.
    (Me too...don't use USB nowadays and just cant remember which one Brian currently has!)
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast