+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USB CABLE What's the score?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I suppose it's how it's implemented in the DAC, certainly seems to sound better than sp/dif in my case anyway.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Agree with tbis.
    USB is more prone to sonic gremlins imo.

AES/EBU was the best sounding digital hookup to my dac, so got a good digital XLR cable and called it done.
    On my Stello CD Transport I'm spoilt for choice regarding digital outputs, it has toslink and coax, AES/EBU(XLR) and i2s from a mini XLR. I would also go with the AES/EBU, but in theory the i2s should be the best, as all the other systems sit on top of i2s as an additional process, this also applies to USB, which has the additional hindrance of carrying lots of non audio traffic as its the main bus. Still if its working for you Ali, I'll go with the old adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Indeed. Agree about I2S, I'd use it if it was an option. The DAC sounds damn fine as it is though..
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm fuckoff.

Curious usb cables are great, especially at their price. I replaced a tq Graphite with one and a mate replaced his lightspeed usb with them too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234