+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vintage Marantz Sound System (Gold Colour)

I'm Ed.

Default Vintage Marantz Sound System (Gold Colour)

Hi All
    I am hoping some of the wise among you could give me some advice on where to advertise the above system for sale and what sort of figure to put on it or expect for same. I am not overly keen on placing it on ebay, but if that is the best place to advertise, then there I must go!

All are in perfect working order and in great shape for the year, no scratches or damage apart from some slight marks on the turntable cover. I also have all the manuals for it. Foolishly I gave the speakers away as they were too large for the room I have this system in.

It is such a shame that it no longer gets used so I would be happy for it to find a new owner. (plus of course the money would come in handy!)

The system comprises of:

Linear Tracking Direct Drive Automatic Turntable Model No. TT 525

Compact Disc Player Model No. CD 65 II

Stereophonic Tuner Model No. ST 521/ST 521L

Amplifier Stereo Console Amp Model No. PM 55DC

Stereo Cassette Deck Model No. SD 420

I'm Grant.

If you look at completed auctions in ebay itll give you whats been paid for mst of these.. the tt isnt there but the cd65 2 is averaging between 40 and 70. Go to ebay and at top right click advanced. There tick completed and then search what you want. Anything with a green price has sold
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Marantz stuff is very popular so once you have a price then its better to put on here , pfm and

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/

its all free
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    Marantz stuff is very popular so once you have a price then its better to put on here , pfm and

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/

its all free
    Many thanks for that information hifinutt, I will put it on here and the other site you have linked for me. Trouble is, I really am not sure what price to put on it so it will sell. I want it to be used again but don't want to be insulted by what some might offer. I had an offer last week of £50 for the complete system!
    Do you think it is best to post it as open to offers or to set a price?

I'm Martin.

£50 is not an unrealistic offer. I think you would be looking at £100 for the lot at best. Sorry, but that is reality. You might get a little more if you split it and sell it on eBay but that is a lot of hassle for not a lot of money.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ed.

Thanks Martin.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    Many thanks for that information hifinutt, I will put it on here and the other site you have linked for me. Trouble is, I really am not sure what price to put on it so it will sell. I want it to be used again but don't want to be insulted by what some might offer. I had an offer last week of £50 for the complete system!
    Do you think it is best to post it as open to offers or to set a price?
    cant say open to offers. you can say £XXX or nearest offer, by pm its not an auction site.. ps remember pictures to.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread