+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bristol show 2017

I'm David.

Default bristol show 2017

I'll be off to Bristol tomorrow to do the whole weekend again, as I have done for the past two years. I know much of it will be a bit mainstream for these parts, but there was some interesting stuff last year, including my first real exposure to TAD, which I really liked - I just wished I'd visited the room before 4:45 on the Sunday! Hopefully I'll get a better look this year, and I'm interested in hearing the new Tannoy Legacy speakers, amongst other things.

If I find anything really interesting, I'll pop a post in here
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm Kevin.

I am off to Bristol this weekend too, but didn't know the show was on.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm David.

You might find something interesting, based on your avatar
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm Rob.

I went to the show this afternoon.

For me, the standout room was Music First Audio on the top floor. On show was their Classic QSE pre-amp feeding a Quad 405 power amp.

Sorry for the stock pictures, but the picture I took is awful.

The speakers were Graham Audio LS6. This is the second Bristol show in three years where my favourite room was using Graham Audio speakers. I may even be able to aspire to LS6s. Perhaps I've found the speakers to replace my Spendor S3/5R² .... one day.

The amps were being fed by two tape players, the top one of which was a digtal tape player. Very interesting.

The sum of the parts was a wonderful natural sound. Loved it.

Other rooms I enjoyed:

• Malvern Audio were showing off a Ming Da amp into a pair of single drive solid oak speakers.
    • Harbeth had two rooms. One showing off their P3ESR which were very nice, the other a pair of their large speakers (Monitor 40.2?), which I found surprising lacking in bass, but otherwise excellent. I thought the two Harbeth rooms were a much better demonstration of the Hagel amps, than the Hagel room next door.
    • Leema were showing off a very nice one box solution.
    • Dali had some very nice floor standing speakers.
    • Quadspire were doing an interesting demonstration where they would play a record track on the standard rack, then put bronze platform under the turntable and play the track again. And then move the bronze platform to their bronze rack and repeat. With each move the sound became slightly clearer and more natural. I was an interesting demonstration.

I was a little disappointed with the Spendor rooms. It's probably me - I really love the sound of speakers based on BBC monitors, but all three Spendor rooms were demoing their floorstanders. They sounded fine, but not as nice as the large stand mounters they had on show last year.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Phil.

absolutely fabulous show . really enjoyed it . good to see max and sue Townshend still there with their goodies . dave brook from MCRU always has some tempting stuff . really well worth going .

my favourite was the new kudos 707 prototype soon to go into production at 13,700 quid . lovely imaging and sense of realism . the naim system obviously doing a good job . the second time I heard them I had to go out as far too loud . these babies were pretty good waf factor weighing about 50kg and would fit well in many rooms. I believe there will be a 606

another little gem was this leema quasar all in one dac/amp/streamer which made a very good attempt with some atc 50 passive . at 13k for the system it was pretty good

next best for realism and texture was the audionote room with a m2 pre and 2 audionote power amps [I believe they were 18watts]

the new dynaudio contour at 7500 was big bold and very well finished and not bad at all

it was realty good to see esoteric at the show with a full rack of their very high end stuff with merecedes build jap mmade amps etc

so many good rooms and very enjoyable from spendor with the d9 , and the astin trew new amp

well worth a visit chaps
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    dave brook from MCRU always has some tempting stuff
    Yes. It's always a pleasure to have a chat with Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    another little gem was this leema quasar all in one dac/amp/streamer which made a very good attempt with some atc 50 passive . at 13k for the system it was pretty good
    That was the Leema unit I heard. It was very nice.
    Rob.