+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Quad 34 Control Unit/Pre-Amplifier

I'm Chris.

Default FS: Quad 34 Control Unit/Pre-Amplifier

Quad 34 Control Unit/Pre-Amplifier

DSC_2881.jpgDSC_2882.jpgDSC_2884.jpgDSC_2887.jpg

A very reluctant sale but I need to slim down my gear a bit.

Again, bought from an AOS member, i’ve really enjoyed owning this pre-amplifier along with it’s original partner in crime, the 306 amp (for sale in separate post - the two must have been bought together new). Proper analogue sound!

In fully-working, fantastic condition - all the button selections work, bass-lift / tilt / volume / balance dials work perfectly, smoothly and quietly.

This is the later MK2 version of the 34 pre-amp with the RCA Phono terminals as can be seen from the photos.

It’s fitted with the 200uV phono card which i think is for MC cartridges - i didn’t use this as I have my own separate MM pre-amp and don’t own a MC Cartridge so not in a position to test it but am confident it works ok.

I strive to be 100% honest about the condition of the items I sell so there is no doubts about its condition:-

It has the odd very very light scratch in the paintwork on the rear but nothing too serious
    There is one very, very light nick to the paintwork on the front top left edge but honestly, very small and hardly noticeable

Serial No. 26598 which matches the label on the original box

As with the 306 amp i’m selling, i’d imagine it’s reasonably unusual to find one with all it’s original packaging and with matching numbers.

I don’t have the original manual (didn’t come with one) but i have the downloaded manual for it along with some other reference material that I can email on if required (although easy to track down on the web).

Unusually, as you can see from the photos, it includes:-

Original Quad Box
    Original Quad polystyrene packaging
    Original Quad packing bag
    Original Quad “accessories” box
    2 x extra long screws (presumably to allow you to mount to the original Quad stand, although never used)
    1 x stereo phono-phono lead (may be original - i don’t know, but i’ve not used it)
    1 x longish IEC Male to Female power lead (originally intended to take power from the amp)

Price - £150 including myHermes Tracked 3-day delivery insured.
    Payment by Paypal Friends & Family or Bank Transfer

Thanks!

Chris.
    Last edited by chris_s; 22-02-2017 at 21:37. Reason: missed payment info!

I'm Chris.

Sold S.T.P.

+ Reply to Thread