I wonder if anyone would like to take part in a survey based on people's experiences to ascertain if people think audiophile quality speaker cables do make a difference in 2 channel systems, not necessarily expensive types, and if there is a correlation of more expensive audiophile speaker cables being used in premium audiophile systems, as opposed to those that aren't considered such systems. These terms could be subject to definition later, following results.

I'm doing a survey for another forum and am very interested if anyone can help me.

This could cast a bit more balance on the speaker cable debate for the benefit of those who are new to hi fi and also cast balance to those that do already have good hi fi and are wondering about upgrades and usefulness of speaker wire upgrades. It would be regardless of studies or measurements or technicalities. That is, do people think just using their own ears if they make a difference. i.e. a survey of views.

If you want to help please could you say what the price and type of the amp / pre amps and power amps are, the same for speakers. Let me just know the make by a message and I'll look up prices if you want to keep matters a bit private (or message me). Also, the type of speaker wires used (make and type) and their price and if other cables used (make and price too). Also for each cable if it's made a positive difference over the last or other cables and why. If amps or speakers have changed then that would be useful to know too if it's changed the benefit of the cables.

Questions are;

- amplifier make,type, and original retail price if known (all components pre,power, integrated, plus power supplies etc)
- speaker make, type and original retail price if known
- cable 1 : brand, make, price per meter from new if known. Length of cables. If no other cables tried just state reasons here (e.g. either not thought to try, cables don't matter etc etc)
- cable 2 : as above in cable 1, did it sound better and why?/why not?,
- cable 3 : as above in cable 2, repeat as necessary

Many thanks in advance for any help and hope you can take part.