+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cyrus Pre-XVS and Smart Power Plus Question

I'm Mark.

Default Cyrus Pre-XVS and Smart Power Plus Question

I've sold some car speakers and have softened the financial impact by taking these in part exchange. I've searched for reviews and haven't found much of anything, the only comprehensive idea I get of what they can do is from the Cyrus website itself, which is unlikely to provide a full and frank review.

So, my question to the knowledgeable masses on here is; will these make a good combination or should I simply sell them on and buy something better?

I've rebuilt my system into some B&W shelf speakers (sold as 602s but look much more like 302s - sound very good for the not-a-lot I paid for them) a Cambridge Audio A5 amp and sony cd and tape decks. I will look to upgrade the cd player in time but am looking for a good amp/preamp and turntable first as I've a load of vinyl that can't be played right now.

Finally, if the advice lends to selling, what are they actually worth? I have a feeling that the £450 I allowed for them might be over-generous.

I'm Mark.

I'm Simon.

I think it would be decent, these are older models but try is the only thing you can do. It's probably around £1500 worth in their day. You can add extra smart powers or potentially upgrade them with cyrus.

I'm Martin.

Pretty decent units from the spec, I reckon you did okay for £450 - Cyrus is a well known brand and holds its value reasonably well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

I used to have that pairing and enjoyed it . sounds a fair price at 450
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread