+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PAUL HIGGS: Pavane – ‘….. he has to be in the top 5 Pianists anywhere …..’

I'm Howard.

Default PAUL HIGGS: Pavane – ‘….. he has to be in the top 5 Pianists anywhere …..’

Out resident jazz expert Tony Andrews writes …..

The primary incentive for me to write these reviews for this magnificent website is to help redress the balance between those who achieve shear musical genius and the musical mediocrity currently hyped up by the craving for “Celebrity Status”

We seem to be obsessed by being a Celebrity and once this status is achieved then ….. talent or ability becomes of secondary importance.

One truly talented musician who although very successful in his field has escaped being held as a Celebrity is Paul Higgs. He shares one thing in common with the famous film and musical about the pioneering woman Ford strikers as both he and they were both “Made in Dagenham”.

At a young age he .....

Continues at http://www.hifianswers.com/2017/02/p...ists-anywhere/
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

Heard that name before.. thought he played trumpet.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Heard that name before.. thought he played trumpet.
    Yes, indeed he does play trumpet - but not all of the time. Did you like the article?
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

Yes. Just read it. I will have a listen to video later tonight. Got cohen on at mo.. my father in law was a top cornet player, but played anything and was pretty good on keyboard too cheers
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yes. Just read it. I will have a listen to video later tonight. Got cohen on at mo.. my father in law was a top cornet player, but played anything and was pretty good on keyboard too cheers
    Thank you. Under the new ownership (we got purchased a couple of weeks back) we intend to increase the amount of home-grown jazz and blues coverage. This means more reviews and interviews with musicians by our writers and less reliance on material covered by other publications.

We may well take a twin-track approach with pairs of interviews with musicians.

The first interview being about the music, influences and so on, undertaken by our writers. The other interview (of the pair) will focus on how the interviewee feels about how their recordings fare at the hands of both budget and advanced domestic hifi systems; again in-house. Our first exploratory move in this direction can be seen at http://www.hifianswers.com/?s=linda+hoyle

This makes sense we feel but ..... only time will tell if this is a popular move. Regards - Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Grant.

More like this will do you no harm Neil. Beaut of a track, and album already in my basket
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread