+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6J1 Pre-amp modifications (hum removal)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.

I have tried a couple of lower ranking CD players, Philips CD-610-II and CD-713.
    Oh 🤔 daft question, are you running in your Firebottle gear ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Yes Oliver, the rest of the system is very neutral/transparent.

I've tried the buffer with the Firebottle phono section and the aforementioned CDP's as input, feeding either the line stage of the KIN then Monoblocks, or the latest EL84 SE amp then into the ESL57's.

All sounds rather spiffing old chap

I'm Nathan.

If you have a CD player that you don't care about you can take out the output transistors, and use that to bump it back up to line level. That's how I usually do it. I've never heard much difference unless you add a little gain.

I'm Grant.

Mine uses the mu-vista 6112 tubes and its impedences are 470k Ohm input, and 33 Ohm output if thats any help. Certainly adds a touch of life to some things
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nathan.

Mine is made from parts scavenged out of the mic preamp from an Ampex 960. It's not technically a buffer. I don't remember the impedences. I'll have to pull it out of the CD player and check it.

Bigman80 Guest

I've tried the buffer with the Firebottle phono section and the aforementioned CDP's as input, feeding either the line stage of the KIN then Monoblocks, or the latest EL84 SE amp then into the ESL57's.

Oooo exciting!!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Would you notice the effect as much if its it already on a valve based system ?

I'm Grant.

probably more noticable between valve pre and ss power
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    probably more noticable between valve pre and ss power
    I was thinking that. In the signal path of a CDP to SS AMP would show its effects more so.

Bigman80 Guest

Good thing is it isn't having a detrimental effect on Alan's gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast