+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: 6J1 Pre-amp modifications (hum removal)

  1. #21
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Kansas City, Missouri

    Posts: 590
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    I'm sure I've got some lying around that will work. I just looked, and you can order 100 of both kinds from China for $3.50. I should order one of the full kits, and build a second with the components I have and see if there is any difference.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 2,319
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I'm sure I've got some lying around that will work. I just looked, and you can order 100 of both kinds from China for $3.50. I should order one of the full kits, and build a second with the components I have and see if there is any difference.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    I like that idea.

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

  3. #23
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Kansas City, Missouri

    Posts: 590
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I like that idea.

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I can get the kit in a week and have that finished before the boards get here most likely. I never know how long stuff is going to take to show up from China. It could be a week or a month.

  4. #24
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 2,319
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I can get the kit in a week and have that finished before the boards get here most likely. I never know how long stuff is going to take to show up from China. It could be a week or a month.
    Keep us posted, might be a little money spinner in it for you and Alan. You never know !!!!

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

  5. #25
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Kansas City, Missouri

    Posts: 590
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    I will. I'm doing it more out of curiosity than anything, not for money. Tinkering with different stuff is usually what gives me new ideas to try. This might keep me from destroying every valve reel to reel I come across.

  6. #26
    Join Date: May 2015

    Location: Kent

    Posts: 85
    I'm john.

    Default

    If with a few component's changes it's a pre. Then its a buffer, can it be easily changed into a phono pre? electrical trickery is not my strong point but I've seen the same valves in the little bear I think. Or is that a totally different circuit? Just wondering.

  7. #27
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: The Black Country

    Posts: 3,418
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Tell us how it sounds on your CD player Alan.
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.

    I have tried a couple of lower ranking CD players, Philips CD-610-II and CD-713.

  8. #28
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 32,951
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.

    I have tried a couple of lower ranking CD players, Philips CD-610-II and CD-713.
    Is that what you hoped for or not?
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  9. #29
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Kansas City, Missouri

    Posts: 590
    I'm Nathan.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    If with a few component's changes it's a pre. Then its a buffer, can it be easily changed into a phono pre? electrical trickery is not my strong point but I've seen the same valves in the little bear I think. Or is that a totally different circuit? Just wondering.
    It's quite a bit different. It could be done but you'd be better off starting with a kit designed to be a phono pre. There are plenty of those too.

  10. #30
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 25,395
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Well I'm afraid this might not be what folk want to hear. The buffer is SO neutral that I cannot tell a difference with it being in circuit or not.
    Not entirely surprising Alan. I had more or less the same result with the Chinese Yaqin valve buffer stage.

    The Musical Fidelity X10-D I use is a different story though. That's the first model, the cylindical unit. It works! It adds a lucidity and ambience. False? Maybe, but the effect is rather good.
    Mr. Tact!

    Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •