+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-lettering/stenciling on old amp

I'm Philip.

Default Re-lettering/stenciling on old amp

Hi,

if the kettering on the facia of an old amp has started to ruby off, is there anyone that can redo this after a repant?

How do people reapply the facia lettering after a repaint?

thanks

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Probably the best way would be to use Letraset rub-on lettering (or one of the alternatives available) having the font and style closest to the original lettering. It's not easy to use - keeping the correct spacing and making sure the lettering is horizontal is tricky, but can be done with care.

Afterwards, the newly applied lettering needs to be protected with a clear protective coating to prevent it being worn off with time.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Letraset - that's a word I haven't seen in a lot of years! Didn't know it still existed. Been through a few sheets of that in my time, very comprehensive range of fonts/sizes
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andre.

The original will have been screen printed. Getting a one off done will be near on a no no..

I'm Ian.

When I wanted a new decal for a Goldiring Lenco 88 turntable I tried a local signs company who made a vinyl stick on for me - but I could provide the original if scruffy Lenco decal for them to scan. Admittedly I ordered 10 knowing others would want one or two which kept the cost down. They worked out at just over £4 each.

Might be worth a try.

I'm Andre.

Looks great that. I bet your gonna be shitting ya pants when it comes to cutting the fixing hole & indicator lens holes out

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Letraset may no longer be available, but there are other rub-down dry letter transfer sheets available.
    Barry

I'm Andre.

That was the nice thing about those early Trio amps, The lettering was pressed into the fasia & then filled with colour.. No Printing

+ Reply to Thread