+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Naim Aro SKale Counterweight

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Hmm... difficult to say - I don't know what difference you expect for £200. In the context of my own system its difficult to think how I could get such an improvement for less but then the cost of the whole is thousands. The Tranquillty is an even bigger (and more fundamental) difference but then it's twice the price and only currently available for the LP12.
    the Tranquility I was unaware of! Just looked it up...Damn! more things to potentially ponder over!
    thanks for your input on the SKale, of course i understand the improvement is relative, and given most of us have invested heavily, well in for a Penny in for a pi=pound and all that!
    cheers
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Damn right it is.
    Not too sure about his strange Russian valves...........I've now put an 88Brimar in mine
    Thats Interesting regarding the Valves, i'll check that out...so you have another improvement with the 88Brimars?

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Damn right it is.
    Not too sure about his strange Russian valves...........I've now put an 88Brimar in mine
    this may interest you..
    http://www.lampizator.eu/UPGRADE/upg...to%206H6P.html

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Thats Interesting regarding the Valves, i'll check that out...so you have another improvement with the 88Brimars?
    I asked Slawa about valves and this is what he said .....but in the context of a DAC 1

As regarding the valves, the ECC88/6djb/E88cc valve family as well as 6N1P are pin compatible with 6N6P. Feel free to try them.
    However, 6N6P is a much more powerful tube and sounds superior in most aspects to all those mentioned valves, in my book.
    I would highly recommend a 6N6P with a square getter from the 60s (peak of cold war), made by Foton factory. Those have the most linear, least distorting presentation.
    The one you have inside your DAC I is 6N6P from the 80s, btw.

I seem to recall that he also said that his Russian was much more suitable to the Signature rather than the DAC 1
    I find the Brimar more detailed than a Mullard and almost as sweet
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

Interesting... Martin thanks for that.
    Slawa sure knows his tubes.
    Btw the Tranquility tiger paw looks interesting
    Check it out. Seems to have had stellar reviews on the Linn forum..
    Another thing to starve for!!

I'm Deleted.

In the interest of full disclosure I should say that I actually designed the Tranquility so my recommendation must be seen in that light (Roger did the production engineering and brought it to market). As far as the sKale is concerned, I know for certain that Roger (Tiger-Paw) will refund anybody who feels it is not worth the money or is unhappy for any reason. I also know that many have ben sold to Aro users and none have yet been returned - I think that says a lot.
    Account Deleted

I'm Adam.

Indeed that does say a lot. I will order the SKale once paid. You gotta respect a money back no improvement deal!
    In respect of the Tranquility, it looks an incredible product and very well thought out and beautifully engineered, well done Mark.
    I'd love to hear the Tranquility. I believe Peter at Cymbiosis has one on demo there, but at the moment that is too far to travel as I am san wheels.
    A thought... anyone in the London area have one they would care to expose to a quick listen?

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure I should say that I actually designed the Tranquility so my recommendation must be seen in that light (Roger did the production engineering and brought it to market). As far as the sKale is concerned, I know for certain that Roger (Tiger-Paw) will refund anybody who feels it is not worth the money or is unhappy for any reason. I also know that many have ben sold to Aro users and none have yet been returned - I think that says a lot.

I'm Deleted.

As you say, Peter has one on demo but he isn't the only dealer who has one. I'll have to ask Roger what southern dealers have them but there should be one. As you say, the Tranquility has received a very enthusiastic reception with surprisingly universal recommendation (which is very gratifying). Roger also does a money back guarantee on the Tranq though they are in very short supply at present as demand has significantly outstripped supply!
    Account Deleted

I'm Adam.

I now have an Aro SKale. Cheers Jag

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    I now have an Aro SKale. Cheers Jag
    So Kmon Kmon tell tell tell !! What does it do , better or differently ???
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast