+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beresford Bush master

I'm Tim.

Default Beresford Bush master

I done a small mod to my Beresford Bushmaster by changing the firmware chip on the recommendation from Stan and man you talk about made a difference on coaxial was good but on optical cable it knocked my head off I never thought that a simple change as that would make such an improvement but it did so Cheers Stan,nice one mate.
    And all under £20.00
    Happy listening
    Last edited by tim1750; 21-02-2017 at 12:12.

I'm Phil.

Is yours a mark 1 or 2? I have a mark 2 and would be interested in this upgrade if it makes as big a differnce as you suggest. Was it easy to fit?

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    Is yours a mark 1 or 2? I have a mark 2 and would be interested in this upgrade if it makes as big a differnce as you suggest. Was it easy to fit?
    Hi Mine is the mark 1 Bushmaster and it's a very easy change over on the firmware chip here is a link to help you take out and install the new chip, it only took me 5 mins to change but I would check with Stan to see if your unit has the new chip installed.
    Hope this helps.

http://www.beresford.me/S/sfw1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    There are two mods for the DACs. One is just a firmware, and the other is a firmware plus a few parts. I personally recommend good soldering skills to change those parts that need soldering. See my technical website for more info. The firmware plus parts upgrade is worth the effort. The firmware only upgrade is considered excellent by many, and at about £20 with a money back guarantee you don't have to worry if it is snake oil or not.
    I noticed that a couple of other DAC designers have caught on to this kind of upgrade potential after seeing me doing it. But as far as I am aware none of them offer a money back guarantee.

I'm Tim.

Great, Thanks for the info Stan.

I'm Gary.

Stans the Man.
    Known the guy for a long number of years and this man's the real deal.
    He looks after his Customers, even a long time after you buy.

It matters that your getting the best sound for what you spend to him....genuinely.
    Stan's genuinely one of the guys that gets his own personal feedback from happy Customers, not from the bottom line.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm tony.

Bang for buck Stans gear gives us with "champagne mouths but lemonade pockets" are real taste of the good stuff but at reasonable money.

+ Reply to Thread