+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer Reference series CD player

I'm Paul.

Default Pioneer Reference series CD player

Hi all

Looking to get a Pioneer Reference series CD player to match my A-757 Amp

Anyone know what model numbers they used for the reference range.

Thanks

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Grant.

The old pd91 was one of their old but best.. they go for lots though. PDS06, PDS07, PDS95, and PD77 seem to be their best more modern ones
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Pioneer PD-91 wood cheeks very nice to look at but never heard one.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

I run a PD-73 as a Transport......

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PD-73.html

That shows the Elite version but the UK version was known as the Reference Compact Disc Player PD-73.
    Built like a tank and the squarest, cleanest Coax out I have ever 'scoped. Better than the 91. Sounds great.

Mine's 1990 vintage, bought that year from a dealer in a non-working state for £350 !!
    Once going has not had any work done on it and has not missed a beat since. Used everyday.
    The Lasers are no longer available but I managed to get three of them and a complete Player so I'm OK for a while hopefully. That's how much I think of it and want to keep it going!

Cheers,

Jim.

I'm Paul.

Trouble with the PD-91 is although it is a reference series product it's one of the Urushi-Design series so does not match the A-757. It would drive my OCD nuts, I was sure they did one to be sold with the A-757, but can't find anything doing the normal searches.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Grant.

Default Pioneer Reference series CD player

Was perhaps the pds701

Actually it was probably the one before now i think of it.. the pd75 elite... had woodcheeks i think. Came out in 1991 after the pd91, and year before the pds701.
    I would think either would be fine ocd wise
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

No really special tools needed for alignment of these.
    The 'Grating' adjustment needed a fine 'minus' screwdriver but any screwdriver, filed down would do. The Manuals are available on-line so instructions are readily available but I can do these with my eyes shut I've done so many.
    A Test CD helps but a known good disc will suffice.

They had so many mechanical and electrical alignments it almost appeared you could get them to read anything round and shiny!!

Fantastic players and my very favoutite Brand from that era.

I'm James.

The PD-9300 although not from the Reference series would go nicely with the A-757 as it hasn't got the wooden side cheeks.
    I seem to remember it was virtually identical to the 73 inside with some extra functionality on the front panel.

Jim.
    Last edited by JimC; 19-02-2017 at 15:04. Reason: Spelling !

I'm Paul.

Found it

PD-8500, now got to find one for sale at not stupid eBay prices

Thanks for all the help

Paul

I'm Michael.

I got a pioneer stable platter PDS 802 off eBay last week £50 sounds lovey as new with remote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast