+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peter Skellern RIP

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Peter Skellern RIP

Probably not many fans here, but I was saddened to hear of the passing of Peter Skellern yesterday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Skellern

I do occasionally play 'Astaire' to hear Peter's delightfully soft crooning.

Last edited by Barry; 18-02-2017 at 22:58. Reason: image added
    Barry

I'm Grant.

I liked Peter. He did some nice stuff actually... RIP
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Yes sad, he seemed a very affable fellow! With Richard Stilgoe he was this generations Flanders and Swann!

Anything with a colliery band is great by me! Kate Rusby are you listening?

Geoff

I'm Martin.

I remember him because my mother was a fan of his. He was on the telly quite often in the '70s then seemed to just disappear.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

That makes me sad. Radio 2 was our staple at home in the 70s and Peter Skellern's songs were always a cut above the other things that they played. God bless him.

Pete

I'm Steve.

Unhappy

Very sad indeed. Enchanting voice.

I'm Neil.

Sad I am glad he got to fulfil his aspiration to become a priest before he died God Bless
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

As a former survivor of the De La Salle Brothers (think paramilitary division of the Jesuits) I will try not to hold his religious predilections against him. I remember you Brother Claude!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    As a former survivor of the De La Salle Brothers (think paramilitary division of the Jesuits) I will try not to hold his religious predilections against him. I remember you Brother Claude!
    Church of England priest, not Catholic.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Church of England priest, not Catholic.

I'm with Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens on this! A plague on all their houses!

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread