+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Kef Kit CS7 (I think) Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: Kef Kit CS7 (I think) Speakers

I believe that these are a home build set of Kef Kit CS7. I got them from a friend's father a couple of years ago and they have sat at the back of my garage for most of the time since. I was planning to restore them but it hasn't happened and I'm fed up with them being in the way.

They are a three way design featuring the Kef B139 on bass duty, B110 for mid and T33 for high stuff. They should have the square T33 as used in the Ref 103.2 but they have clearly been replaced at some stage with a later, round T33.
    The cabinet has a seperate internal enclosure for the mid and tweeter but these need sealing as they are not currently air tight where the cable enters (just needs a bit of silicone.
    As you can see, for some reason he screwed the crossover to the outside rear of the cabinet - perhaps tweeking components??

They work fine and the drive units all seem to be working well. They sound powerful with tight bass from large, sealed cabinet.

Cosmetically however, they are a bit of a disaster. The are home veneered (real wood) which is peeling off in strips all over, with significant areas missing. It all needs stripping off and re-doing or the cabinets painting. The structure and underlying particle board is fine and seems very solid and well made.

So then - either a project, or a set half decent Kef drivers and some firewood.

Difficult to price in that condition so I have based it on the fact that Kef drivers seem to be fetching quite good money at the moment.
    I'm asking £100, or happy to swap for something of similar value that takes up less of the garage if you can make use of them.

Collection only from near Bicester (M40, J9)

Sorry about the poor pictures. They are buried at the back of the garage and a two person lift to move!

I'm Lawrence.

Not sure these are CS7 period, the B139s and B110s are too early. The tweeters could have been T33s but the replacements don't look like kefs. Possibly a custom build based on the CS7 design with earlier drive units and a Wilmslow crossover.

I'm Geoff.

The tweeters say they are T33 on them. I'll pull one and get the SP number.

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks I'd be interested to know they look like the morels that I've heard some use as a replacement in the 104/2

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

They are SP1192.

I'm Lawrence.

Interesting not come across that one before. Seems to be OEM made in Japan and used in the Linn Index among others.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Any interest? As I said - happy to consider swaps.

I'm Geoff.

I'm considering stripping the drivers and crossover out of these, and selling separately.

Would anyone be interested in the bare cabinets and grilles for free? Seems a shame to bin them.

I'm Geoff.

Last bump before they are stripped.

+ Reply to Thread