+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ortofon 2m Black is No More

I'm Grant.

Not quite the same but do fit and willsound better than a simple blue. Or thats what i am told.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Not quite the same but do fit and willsound better than a simple blue. Or thats what i am told.
    Yeah I've seen plenty mention of the blue stylus and black body being better than blue complete

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    This was my thinking to be honest. A blue that I loved for a while is a a lot cheaper than another black. With the black upgraded cart do you find it sounds ok ?
    Mick I can give it a try for you tomorrow. My Black is currently mounted in my Rega 3 and I can easily pop the Blue stylus in and see if I can establish any key differences. Will report back tomorrow evening.

Mel

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Mick I can give it a try for you tomorrow. My Black is currently mounted in my Rega 3 and I can easily pop the Blue stylus in and see if I can establish any key differences. Will report back tomorrow evening.

Mel
    Thanks Mel

That's great thank you. 👍👍👍
    I don't expect it to sound like my Black did. Just wondering if there is any gains with the blue on my black cart.

I'm Mel.

Just listening to the Blue on Black now and it works fine but in all honesty I cannot really hear a difference from the basic Blue setup. If anything there seems a little more bass and volume but the clarity and wide stage of the Black do not come through. I started by listening to the Blue on a well known recording then moved onto the Black and then switched the sylus over before trying a number of different known records. The Blue definitely has a different signature to the Black; it has a much more of a bassy driving beat but seems to lose the detail on the way and this signature is the same regardless of the body the stylus is in.

Mel

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Just listening to the Blue on Black now and it works fine but in all honesty I cannot really hear a difference from the basic Blue setup. If anything there seems a little more bass and volume but the clarity and wide stage of the Black do not come through. I started by listening to the Blue on a well known recording then moved onto the Black and then switched the sylus over before trying a number of different known records. The Blue definitely has a different signature to the Black; it has a much more of a bassy driving beat but seems to lose the detail on the way and this signature is the same regardless of the body the stylus is in.

Mel
    Thanks Mel for the time and effort for this little experiment. I did not expect massive gains but I suppose for others they know it will work. With having the Black I will probably notice the different sound if I went to a Blue. Due to cost I have looked at the Bronze as it's cheaper but it doesn't seem to be a popular choice(correct me if I am wrong). I will just have to bite the bullet and just try and aim for the Black again.

I'm Kevin.

From what I read on several fora, a lot of people prefer the Bronze as it is easier to set up, and slightly less analytical.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mel.

Personally I prefer the Goldring 1042 to the Blue - in direct comparisons on the Techie the Goldring seems to be somewhere midway between the Blue and Black. I have been using them for years and its one I often go back to but they do seem to be going up in price like all others.

Do go talk to that guy in Stockton - he is a vinyl fanatic and has an incredibly collection and plenty of down to earth advice. He also seems to have a lot of ex demo carts at times - funny they all look like new to me ?

Mel

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    From what I read on several fora, a lot of people prefer the Bronze as it is easier to set up, and slightly less analytical.
    To be truthful the only time I ever felt my Black sounded analytical was when I hadn't set it up right - honest !

When set up right, I've only ever found it to be a superb performer, revealing the individuality of each recording, musical, very detailed but not analytical.

That in my opinion is why so many of us go through the pain of set up, that goes with the territory of ownership with this cart

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    +1 on that. I have the bronze in a RB303 and I think it's very good on detail and is neutral too. Can't think of any real negative traits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast