+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ortofon 2m Black is No More

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Looking good Mick Hand on heart I would have done exactly the same thing, regardless of the expense / cost.
    After the Black, going backwards would have been a big compromise and hurt too much in my opinion and experience -

Enjoy very muchly as you undoubtedly will

Btw - title has to change now to Ortofon 2M Black is Once More!
    Thanks for the title change option

Listened to music all day and very happy I stayed with the Black option. Like you said it was the correct decision in the end. If I hadn't bought it and gone for a blue or bronze I would be always wondering about the Black.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm James.

Looking very good Mick and although it's a high price to pay, I am sure you will not regret it. I would find it very very hard to live without the 2M.

I certainly had not regrets buying another stylus and in fact it was a joy to hear a brand new one again after 50 hours run it it was sublime.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Looking very good Mick and although it's a high price to pay, I am sure you will not regret it. I would find it very very hard to live without the 2M.

I certainly had not regrets buying another stylus and in fact it was a joy to hear a brand new one again after 50 hours run it it was sublime.
    Just out of interest Technics themselves were using a 2M Black on their new SL1210 being demonstrated at the Bristol HiFi show this weekend and it sounded excellent - no external power supply and standard arm as well !

Mel

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Just out of interest Technics themselves were using a 2M Black on their new SL1210 being demonstrated at the Bristol HiFi show this weekend and it sounded excellent - no external power supply and standard arm as well !

Mel
    Not surprised Mel. I wonder what it would have sounded like on the top SL1200GAE ?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456