+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ortofon 2m Black is No More

I'm Kevin.

I have read that the bronze works well on the black, but I have never read about anyone putting a blue on a black.
    Does it fit, and will it work?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Ralph.

Does your home insurance cover damage to your hifi system? A few years ago one of my kids damaged the Kontra A on my turntable and the insurers coughed up no problem.
    Ralph.

I'm Mick.

My house insurance would cover it but with an excess of £100 then having a claim. Is it worth it as my insurance will probably go up reflecting the claim.

I'm Ralph.

I'd forgotten that most house insurances are like car policies now. Looks like you're just going to have to stump up I'm afraid.
    Ralph.

I'm Steve.

Did the same with my Lyra Delos a few years back. I snapped the cantilever clean off. I claimed successfully on my home insurance and had it rebuilt by ESC only to have the diamond become dislodged and sadly no more. So i feel your pain too.

I'm Neil.

Mick there is a trade in value on the cart if used against another or same Ortofon. Go talk to an Ortofon dealer.
    Regards Neil

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Mick there is a trade in value on the cart if used against another or same Ortofon. Go talk to an Ortofon dealer.

Thanks Neil.
    Just had a look and its only on MC carts

I will just have to bite the bullet and by a new stylus. No point upgrading to anything else when I have a 2m black cart sat here.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Thanks Neil.
    Just had a look and its only on MC carts

I will just have to bite the bullet and by a new stylus. No point upgrading to anything else when I have a 2m black cart sat here.
    I am sorry, I forgot it was MC. Forgive me please.
    Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

Give the 2M Blue stylus a go! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    And as other have spoken before, you can put any 2M stylus in any house, no problems. The Bronze/Black houses have different coils though and improve quite some on the Red/Blue housing.
    So, a Blue on a Black body are to my ears one of the best combos possible witin the series.

Sorry bout your mishap of course...:/

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Give the 2M Blue stylus a go! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
    And as other have spoken before, you can put any 2M stylus in any house, no problems. The Bronze/Black houses have different coils though and improve quite some on the Red/Blue housing.
    So, a Blue on a Black body are to my ears one of the best combos possible witin the series.

Sorry bout your mishap of course...:/

This was my thinking to be honest. A blue that I loved for a while is a a lot cheaper than another black. With the black upgraded cart do you find it sounds ok ?
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast