+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New earmuffs

I'm Ian.

Default New earmuffs

I've been using a pair of Koss Pro4aa headphones for a while and whilst they sound great they become quite uncomfortable after twenty minutes or so, they're pretty heavy and I find them a bit tight on my no doubt oddly shaped head. So after some research I settled on a pair of Sennheiser HD650 headphones. I've been listening with them for a few days now and can highly recommend them. The sound is so open and airy yet full of detail and strength, the bass is full and smooth and the mid and treble very clean and precise. I've listened to all sorts of music via vinyl, CD and streamed from the net, they really excel with vinyl, maybe the warmth of records comes to the fore. They are also really comfortable, no problems after over two hours of listening. I was lucky enough to find a mint condition used pair for a good price but have seen them new for around £250. If you are looking for headphones I really recommend them

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm tony.

The 650s are great cans. I find removing the inner foams really let them come to life. They also need a couple of hundred hours to properly open up. They also benefit from being amped properly-Stans DACs and Capella partner really well with them.

+ Reply to Thread