+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The "Walpurgis Driver fix"

Bigman80 Guest

Long term goal is a nice pair of tannoys, as inspired by Geoff lol. Short term, these are good to my ear. High volume and the Treble does get a bit hard but overall, general listening volumes they are tough to beat for free ! I prefer them to the Ruarks. There, I said it !

I don't know if it's because I've played in bands etc but I need to feel that bass drum as well as hear it and nothing I've owned has done that quite like these 710s.

They feel good to listen too. Listening to SRV earlier was real. I could touch his guitar, it was right there in front to of me. (it wasn't but you get the picture).

Sarah Jarosz - take me back. absolutely positive she was in my front room.

I love them. Thanks again Shaman.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

What is the model of the Seas tweeter?

Just noticed Oliver you're signature is very out of date now

I'm Martin.

IME 'brightness' is rarely the fault of the tweeter, or any other part of the speaker even if that is usually the first place we go. Good speakers those Missions, I wouldn't mess with them. I'd start by seeing if it can be tamed with judicious cabling choices, if not look at the amplification.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    What is the model of the Seas tweeter?

Just noticed Oliver you're signature is very out of date now
    I don't know Alan, there is no Info on the actual tweeter. Ill have to look online.

Yes, I dont know how to change the signature lol

I'm Alan.

Click on 'Forum actions', 'Edit Profile' then 'Edit signature', simples

Couldn't find the tweeter info with a quick search, maybe you will have better results.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    IME 'brightness' is rarely the fault of the tweeter, or any other part of the speaker even if that is usually the first place we go. Good speakers those Missions, I wouldn't mess with them. I'd start by seeing if it can be tamed with judicious cabling choices, if not look at the amplification.
    I think youre right Macca, I really like them. Very open sounding. Huge soundstage. The hardness may be attributed to the CD player imo. A tube buffer may sort it out. I'll explore.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd start by seeing if it can be tamed with judicious cabling choices, if not look at the amplification.
    Good point. Avoid cables with plated conductors or solid cores. Pure copper multistrand is generally a safe bet. The amp should be fairly benign, knowing NAD.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

It's the Sony that's in Play !!!!

The CD player has the Digital feel so definitely think that's the reason. The TT sounds brilliant although that has silver plated cables on. I'll be swapping the Klotz back on when I get 5.

How do I change my signature !!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The CD player has the Digital feel so definitely think that's the reason
    CD need not sound 'digital'. Mine sounds as sweet and 'analogue' as the vinyl side of things. I think an old Meridian 206 player would give you a big surprise. Not that that's what I'm using, but I have owned them. Very musical!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It's the Sony that's in Play !!!!

The CD player has the Digital feel so definitely think that's the reason. The TT sounds brilliant although that has silver plated cables on. I'll be swapping the Klotz back on when I get 5.

How do I change my signature !!!

At top of page, click settings. Then on left select signature change. Then remember to save
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast