+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Walpurgis Driver fix"

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't use a vacuum cleaner, unless it has variable suction that can be set low. Most have too much suction and can cause damage.

A sharp needle can work, just to pry the dome back out. A trick probably best used only on fabric domes though.

If your missus has waxing strips, they can work, as they are incredibly sticky. I have actually used them for this exact job.
    Vacuum is potentially dodgy but works if care is taken. You dont want it shooting up tube
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    The speakers or your cherubs?
    Lol brilliant 😂😂😂

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Vacuum is potentially dodgy but works if care is taken. You dont want it shooting up tube
    That was my worry but if you start at 6" away then gradually creep the nozzle closer until to see it start to tease the dome out, then very slowly edge it closer still......

It's all about a light touch and the delicacy of the suck 😉 😁

I'm Grant.

A museum vac is the one to have for these jobs.. it has soft ended tools and variable suck. They use them on pics etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    It's all about a light touch and the delicacy of the suck �� ��
    Said the actress to the bishop!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, I was worried but ours has the option to lower it right down so I started about 2" out and ended up actually making contact before there was enough pull.

Worked though lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yes, I was worried but ours has the option to lower it right down so I started about 2" out and ended up actually making contact before there was enough pull.

Worked though lol

That must give you hours of endless fun 😉

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    That must give you hours of endless fun 😉
    Hahaha. Utter filth. Everywhere!

Can Change the level of enthusiasm !!! 😂😂

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I see Paul and I posted at the same time and I sort of contradicted him on the vacuum cleaner bit.
    Not really Geoff. It (hopefully!) stands to reason that a strong suction shouldn't come too close to a delicate drive unit!

Even is your vac isn't of the variable kind, you can still effect a reduction by tightly wrapping some heavy cloth across the end of the tube to reduce suction.

What we get up to in our spare time eh!

I'm Justin.

I owned some 710s. My memory is of a overly active top end, with good bass and mids.

Perhaps those tweeters have settled down a tad in their more senior years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast