+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Factory Visit - Michael Fremer of Stereophile/Analog Planet visits Rega 2017

I'm Neil.

Default Rega Factory Visit - Michael Fremer of Stereophile/Analog Planet visits Rega 2017

Fascinating visit to Rega, that has been a real eye opener regarding the way Rega do things. I have to say I am impressed, and this series of videos is well worth watching.

Last part features first looks at the Rega Naiad, and the Rega Planar 6
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 19-02-2017 at 12:50.
    Regards Neil

I'm James.

Yes really in depth and very long - this guy is dedicated posting up some great stuff on his site.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yes really in depth and very long - this guy is dedicated posting up some great stuff on his site.
    I found that it made Rega, for me, an actual set of personalities, it was great to see the people who make the products and the way they go about doing things impressed me greatly.

Re Analog Planet yes I agree I think Michael is doing a great job and its very informative.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Very interesting, especially part five with the prototype Niad turntable, a Zirconium bearing and carbon fibre chassis, I got the impression that it's the research into new ideas and technology that drives Roy Gandy.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Very interesting, especially part five with the prototype Niad turntable, a Zirconium bearing and carbon fibre chassis, I got the impression that it's the research into new ideas and technology that drives Roy Gandy.
    Part 5 was posted by Michael last night, soon as I saw it I put it into the original post. Yes I agree Chris, it looks very interesting.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I haven't yet looked at the video clips, but I would be interested to overhear a debate between Fremer and Gandy on the topic of VTA/SRA. To my knowledge they hold diametrically opposing views!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread