+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebottle Mono - monoblock power amplifier

I'm Alan.

Cheers Geoff ...

@Simon. They will work very well with your Harbeths at 85db and 6ohm. During testing I was driving Maggies which are about the same sensitivity but only 4 ohm, they sounded fantastic

I'm James.

Hard to go back to a stereo amp after hearing these. Effortless and superb soundstage.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hard to go back to a stereo amp after hearing these. Effortless and superb soundstage.
    That's a different take on monoblocks. Mine do stereo!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Cheers Geoff ...

@Simon. They will work very well with your Harbeths at 85db and 6ohm. During testing I was driving Maggies which are about the same sensitivity but only 4 ohm, they sounded fantastic
    If they drive Maggies that is some achievement! Very few amps can deliver the current to make them work well.

Geoff

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    That's a different take on monoblocks. Mine do stereo!
    Think he means the channel seperation is better with monos. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Kevin.

The first pair of production monoblocks have arrived chez Cagey (before the weekend). They look fantastic.
    Included in the package are some "Audiofool Stacking Spacers" - I will let you abbreviate that, but it did make me chuckle.
    Power on is planned for this evening....
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Howard.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
    Good choice.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Ive had my pair of Monoblocks for a month now and I wanted to contribute to the sterling reputation these monos have.

Its hard to pinpoint the exact thing that makes them so good because I kinda swapped my entire rig at the same time. New speakers, phonostage and amplification all changed together so now ive sold the Sony on, I can speak freely.

The Sony 730ES was good, very good in fact but these, Oh my, they are otherworldly.

I set up my old rig for a reminder and I can honestly say the Firebottle Monoblocks were so much better. It was agonizing to hear an amplifier I love get absolutely devastated by these monos.

The decision to sell the Sony wasn't made lightly. Alan and I spent a few sessions listening at my house and Alan was good enough to loan me some amps to see how I got on. From the moment the monos went in I knew I had to buy some.

Alans input, knowledge and help with questions I had, really made me feel very comfortable handing over huge wads of cash.

These are a class act. So is the builder.

Thanks Alan.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Glad you're enjoying those Oliver. And that you are now settled with amps that suit you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast