+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nord One UP NC500MB Mono Block Amplifier Black - Pair (save 35%)

I'm Robert.

Default Nord One UP NC500MB Mono Block Amplifier Black - Pair (save 35%)

Nord One UP NC500MB Mono Block Amplifier Black - Pair (save SOLD%)

Bought direct from Nord with the optional Neotech speaker upgrade cable. Comes with the Sparkos Op Amps.

Retail is at £795 excl VAT each, so the pair now sells for £1908 pre-delivery.

Selling this pair for £SOLD incl UK post (SOLD% saving on a new pair – which this near is). Original packaging included.

Still burning with about 300 hours use (less than a couple months old). Worth the hype – sound amazing!! Superb with the balanced valve pre I am also selling.

This pair has been subject to a few tweaks just to ensure every last drop of musical joy is extracted (shown in pics).

The chrome plated IEC inputs were swapped out for gold plated types (I had to import these from the US since cannot be found in the UK) and a HiFi Tuning Silver Star fuse then added.

The Neotech speaker output wire originally came with standard metal crimp connectors from the board to speaker posts. These we swapped out to gold plated crimps on the board and no crimp on the speaker posts (straight connected) to improve conductivity.

Under the original feet, sorbothane discs were added to help eliminate resonance (I was surprised at the difference this made).

Sound coat chassis dampening applied in various locations since the chassis is fairly light weight. This adds a little mass and removes / absorbs resonance.

The website states the amps come with Switchcraft gold plated metal body XLR sockets however mine came fitted with the silver-plated variety (which I was actually glad about – conductivity). Likely the gold option was out of stock.

From Nord’s website:

The UP Mono Block Power Amplifier in Black uses Nord’s own designed Input Buffer Board delivering all the benefits of standard amp but with even better dynamics and a richer, warmer more musical tone.

Hypex NCore NC500’s, Hypex SMPS1200A700 PSU’s and Nord UP Input Buffer Boards Board in a Mono Block Case priced as a pair.

• The Nord One UP NC500MB Amplifier is our upgraded Mono Block amp. Using Nord Input Buffer Boards with high end discrete Sparkos Labs SS3602 discrete Op Amps, runs in full Class A. Offers a richer, warmer, tonally dense musical sound with greater soundstage while maintaining all the benefits of the standard amp. Italian all aluminum case complete with 10mm faceplate, solid 44mm diameter aluminum isolation feet.

Patented CHK Binding Posts, gold plated solid brass 60A binding posts, Switchcraft gold plated metal body XLR socket (this unit has silver plated), Quality mains sockets (this unit even better J ) and blue "Halo" illuminated front switch. So we take a mix of standard products add bespoke touches and use high quality European and USA components, sell them direct to you missing out the middle men, offering you a high quality product at sensible prices.

• SPECIFICATION

• Black Finish Mono Block Case

• Hypex NCore NC500 Module

• Hypex SMPS1200A700 Power Supply

• Nord One UP Input Buffer Board Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps

• Mono Block Design

• Distortion: THD+N - - 0.001 % 20Hz

• Frequency Response: 0 - 50k Hz +0/-3dB

• Low Distortion: THD+N - - 0.001 % 20Hz

• High Input Impedance 51K

• 26 dB Gain

• Ultra High Damping Factor

• High Current Output Capable of driving 2ohm for the

Most Demanding of Speakers.

550W 2ohm

700W 4ohm

400W 8ohm

• Frequency Response: 0 - 50k Hz +0/-3dB

• Case W 240mm D 280mm H 90mm

With Feet and Binding Posts W240mm D340mm H95mm (add 2mm height for the sorbothane discs)

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/prod...2-d4eb983b15a1

Last edited by Open Door; 20-02-2017 at 16:50.

I'm Michael.

So many positives, not even run in so why are you selling?

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    So many positives, not even run in so why are you selling?
    Need the $$$

Taking an interest in the garden for summer - new project. This one the wife and I can enjoy.

They will be missed for sure but the habit means I may have some new Gucci kit in a few months - swap outs near monthly (costly enjoyment)

I'm Robert.

Bump

I'm Robert.

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread