+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J7 @ AudioOrigami

I'm Geoff.

Very fine arm, the Haddock!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Always liked them, especially when theyve been well battered
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

TBH anything to do with your turntable, give him a shout, i was on the phone to him last week regarding my R200 arm, he's taken it in part ex for a new RB202 as well as telling me what upgrades are worth doing on my planar 3, an around top bloke.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Russell.

So????? How does it sound? What sonic benefits dig you gain by all of this fine work? What differences have you noticed since the work was done? And, as they say here in the States, AWESOME! Very nice looking rig you've got there,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Who are you asking 😂

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Thanks for all The interest, these amps are now sold
    Told ya. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    So????? How does it sound? What sonic benefits dig you gain by all of this fine work? What differences have you noticed since the work was done? And, as they say here in the States, AWESOME! Very nice looking rig you've got there,

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

I was asking you, how the new turntable upgrades sound? You were praising the work, new Cardas wiring, etc. I was wondering what sonic benefits you gained from it?

Bigman80 Guest

I was asking you, how the new turntable upgrades sound? You were praising the work, new Cardas wiring, etc. I was wondering what sonic benefits you gained from it?

Ha, fair enough.

The standard wiring is very dull sounding in comparison. Everything is crisper and better defined as a result.

It's a night and day difference to me.

Worth every penny.

I'm Russell.

Very good! I've been shopping for a new phono cable, I'm using a regular interconnect right now. Well not regular, it's a Harmonic Tech Precision Link, but not a phono cable. I'm not sure what my arm is wired with, factory VPI wiring, anyway, I will be checking out the Cardas wire, if you hear better, crisper, less dull that sounds like what I need.

Bigman80 Guest

Very good! I've been shopping for a new phono cable, I'm using a regular interconnect right now. Well not regular, it's a Harmonic Tech Precision Link, but not a phono cable. I'm not sure what my arm is wired with, factory VPI wiring, anyway, I will be checking out the Cardas wire, if you hear better, crisper, less dull that sounds like what I need.

I only had the actual arm rewired. From arm base to amp is still the same cable. Some very well balanced silver plated stuff

I'm Russell.

I've considered making my own phono cable. On eBay, I've seen some pure silver wires sold in different gauges, some very thin stuff. And fairly affordable too. Purely for experimental purposes of course. Twist a few strands together to about a 22 gauge, shrink it into some small shrink tubing, and pull through a copper woven ground shield borrowed from cable tv wire. Add the ends and Ive got pure silver wire for under $50. Shopping on line, good phono cables can start at $300 and move up sharply. I don't need cables that cost more than my analog setup. I forget what kind of cable that VPI puts in their tone arms, Kimber maybe? It's not just no name wire. And, I've tried all of the regular interconnects I've got between the arm and preamp. Van Den Hul, Monster, Harmonic Tech Truth Link, and Precision Link. And they all sound great! But different. I don't know that cables made for the small signals between those points are really any different? One would think? But you just never know. Most companies are not forthcoming about the construction of their wires.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast