Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
I've considered making my own phono cable. On eBay, I've seen some pure silver wires sold in different gauges, some very thin stuff. And fairly affordable too. Purely for experimental purposes of course. Twist a few strands together to about a 22 gauge, shrink it into some small shrink tubing, and pull through a copper woven ground shield borrowed from cable tv wire. Add the ends and Ive got pure silver wire for under $50. Shopping on line, good phono cables can start at $300 and move up sharply. I don't need cables that cost more than my analog setup. I forget what kind of cable that VPI puts in their tone arms, Kimber maybe? It's not just no name wire. And, I've tried all of the regular interconnects I've got between the arm and preamp. Van Den Hul, Monster, Harmonic Tech Truth Link, and Precision Link. And they all sound great! But different. I don't know that cables made for the small signals between those points are really any different? One would think? But you just never know. Most companies are not forthcoming about the construction of their wires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tried a fair few cables between TT and amp but the silver plated stuff sounds great to me so ive stuck with it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk