+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any opinions on Onkyo Amplifiers

I'm Paul.

Budget Rotels were always good value with decent Phono Stages.

I'm Grant.

Yup the big sony es or qs amps are excellent. Had a 940 and it was really good, well made unit. Think value wise the 940qs is one of the best buys out there. You can get good ones under £150 with remote, mm stage. Headphone stage and about 80/90 watts. The es is a little better machine but a fair bit dearer
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

I've recently swapped my quad 306 for a Yamaha as501, paired with tannoy 4dc t is great,not quite the clarity of the quad but big bold powerful and very easy to enjoy got mine new £219 ,and this pairing rocks! Decent DAC for telly too
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm nigel.

the current Yamaha range are nice, polite. well built and good looking to boot.
    I have a AS501 and cannot fault it.
    besides a good spread of inputs it also sports a builtin DAC with coax and toslink.

I can run mine for many hours at quite high levels without fatigue or significant heat buildup. to be fair the dac is a bit basic but its enough for a sky/virgin box or tv optical.

FISH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12