+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Heathrow

I'm Morgan.

Default Hello from Heathrow

Hi people,
    Stumbled upon your forum and found it very interesting so here I am.
    Been curious about hifi since the early 80's when i heard a neighbours system that blew me away.
    Then throughout my teens and twenties I bought lots of bits and peices from Uxbridge audio ending up with Arcam alpha 8se cd, 9 amp and Tukan speakers.
    Was very happy with that set up for 20 years when a set of Kabers came up that I bought, I like these too.
    The cd player developed a fault with the mechanism so I replaced it with an AUDIOLAB 8200cdq recently which I really like.
    Next on the list is a power amp to replace the aged alpha 9 (usual crackling input selector etc).
    I'll surely be asking advice on this from you knowledgeable people.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Morgan. Welcome to AOS.

We must be nearly neighbours. I'm not far from Heathrow.

Tell us what music you like and what further plans if any you may have if any for your system. Apart from the amplifier.

There are many different sections here and a lot going on, so have a look around and join in.

Ask as many questions as you like. The members are friendly and happy to give opinions.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Hi Morgan, welcome to AOS. I am sure you will find the answers to any questions you ask . Some very knowledgeable and friendly people on here. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Rob.

Hi Morgan, did you go to any of the Heathrow hifi shows. I attended many in the 90's and oddly enough it didn't put me off hifi
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Morgan, did you go to any of the Heathrow hifi shows. I attended many in the 90's and oddly enough it didn't put me off hifi
    I did a few of those shows when I worked for Harbeth, noisy, dark and hot and stuffy. It was almost a relief to load up the truck and do battle with the traffic. Ah, great days lol
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Morgan.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
    No never went to the hifi shows sadly, wish I had really (suspect it may have brought my divorce on sooner though haha).
    As for music, anything frown Gabriel/Hackett era genesis (that's what inspired me to play the drums, that and Chester Thompson), Paul Simon, Fleetwood Mac to newer stuff like KOL, Killers, Bastille, Biffy Clyro all sorts really but I guess mild rock/pop bands.

I'm Geoff.

Which bit of the Heathrow region are you in Paul?

I'm not far from the Heston/Norwood Green area.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Morgan.

Bedfont, near Feltham.

+ Reply to Thread