+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia 3310 Comeback!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    Ah those heady days when you could charge a phone and it would last all week.
    I charge mine about once a month. But there again, I only use it about once a month .

It's PAYG and I put £20 on it about twice a year.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Don't get me started on PAYG - or that lack of it .... PAYG nowadays is a one month contract.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Grant.

Use my phone quite a lot these days. Got a rolling monthly with virgin. Excellent value too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rob.

I have a tablet which takes a SIM. It can be useful on holiday if you are staying somewhere without WiFi and don't want to rely on your phone all the time. The rest of the time I don't need access to the phone network from the tablet, because I use it via my home WiFi

Also my parents keep a phone in the car for emergencies.

In both cases we want to pay as a go. That is, pay for X hours/days access to the network. It's now very difficult if not impossible to get a SIM on that basis. Instead, the SIM marketed as "Pay as you go" are actually a one month contract. So use them once, and a month later you'll need to purchase an update - whether you used the phone for hours, or just one call.

I find that very annoying.
    Rob.