+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini Disc Advice

I'm Geoff.

I found both types of device made excellent recordings with the right microphone.

I have one of these (somewhere) and made some fantastic live recordings with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ECM-MS.../dp/B00005QBUW

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    D6C,s still make good money.. pro version. Ive just got the little ones. But both work well..they were well made
    Agreed but the DM3 (mine included) suffered from a frequent problem. One of the internal parts failed so that although the unit still performed OK it made a an annoying mechanical clicking noise in use!

I'm Barry.

I sold my Sony mini disc player/recorder, portable player and about 30 blank discs for about £50 last year. I used it mainly for ripping cd's to listen to on the bus coming home from work, great sound quality. Did not get a great response from my ad at the time.

I'm Grant.

You got lots of accessories like battery packs etc too. Just i dont get out now so no real need for em lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    I sold my Sony mini disc player/recorder, portable player and about 30 blank discs for about £50 last year. I used it mainly for ripping cd's to listen to on the bus coming home from work, great sound quality. Did not get a great response from my ad at the time.
    Ooer! maybe I shall just put them back in the cupboard for now. I think there must be around 200 mini discs. Shame, I thought I might raise a few quid to go towards fixing my ceiling. Just had a water pipe leak and need to replace half of my lounge ceiling.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

You got lots of accessories like battery packs etc too. Just i dont get out now so no real need for em lol
    I've got the battery packs too as well as some dodgy adapter to link to pc. I do go out and I am continually amazed at how much music I can bring with me on my Sony HD music player (with 128gb micro sd). It's witchcraft I tell you!

I'm Grant.

Been a cheapskate and using an old android samsung phone with a nice 32gb card in with my fav spotify stuff on, for if in car and want music rather than my usual fare of Flashman audiobooks. Im adicted to flashy

Often stream from it to a chromecadt indoors too then its going to my dac if the pc isnt on
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Stick them back in the cupboard for now Geoff, in a couple months once I've got my wedding out of the way I shall be looking to buy a Sony MD unit and a raft of blank discs.

I'm Geoff.

Been a cheapskate and using an old android samsung phone with a nice 32gb card in with my fav spotify stuff on, for if in car and want music rather than my usual fare of Flashman audiobooks. Im adicted to flashy

Often stream from it to a chromecadt indoors too then its going to my dac if the pc isnt on
    I am a long standing Audible subscriber. You can't beat a riveting audiobook to keep you alert on a 10 hour journey through the Namib desert. However, as I get older and grumpier I begrudge paying for life's simple pleasures. I was pleased with myself when I discovered that my local library subscribe to this free audiobook application.

Oneclickdigital has apps for the pc and android devices and allows you to check out a title for 21 days at a time. You can download the files to your phone and listen to them offline for the specified period. Recently listened to Max Hastings epic account of WW1 (Catastrophe), Tracey Borman's excellent biography of Thomas Cromwell, and Bernard Cornwell's extensive account of Waterloo. Currently catching up on Orwell and reminding myself of the rules of Nuspeak in this post truth alternative facts era. If your local library is part of the scheme you just have to register with your library card number and pin number. Your "cheapskate" heart will delight in the fact that this is completely free, compared to the typical £10 or more for an audible title. I will send you my address so you can send the appropriate quantity of Chateau de Chaselet!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I never got on with the Sony portable MD's. I found the Sharp MD-MT88H(S) and the others in the series better and very good for sound and reliability. I still have a couple.
    Same here Geoff, still have my Sharp, top of the range when i bought it. My mate had the Sony top of the range, and when comparing using the same phones ,the sharp won hands down, better sound, better looks etc. Great for live recording, even using a dirt cheap stereo mic.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast