+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The World's No1 Audiophile ???

I'm Timothy.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    We have no idea how he made his money, how much he may or may not give away to charity or anything else he does. The fact he lets people into his 'house' and club to listen to music he has bought, on (very expensive) kit he has bought, just to share it, should be applauded. Plenty of the uber rich share nothing (Philip Green????). What would have happened to that record collection had he not bought it? Landfill I suspect, or pounced on by dealers to be sold to hoarders. Good on him.
    Exactly this! +1
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    I remember seeing an article on Six Moons where Srajan visited a house in Cyprus that was an Alladdins Cave featuring near every piece of hi-fi I have ever dreamed of owning. Absolutely mental stuff including Lovecraft, Supratek etc, etc and a pair of bass horns that went 30ft into the garden. Asked him at the time to do a longer, in depth article on the gear.. reply "I'd love to but the guy has ten houses scattered round the Globe and is hardly ever there" Asked if the guy needed a janitor/housekeeper and I'd pay him 50 quid a week:-)
    Most of us are not even scratching the surface by comparison.

Except Audio Al of course.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123