+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The World's No1 Audiophile ???

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    WOW! Seems very generous too, no Copper amps though Anthony
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

It was an article that was brought to my attention recently by a customer Neil, I just thought it might be of interest to some who may not have seen it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade but the article dates from 2008, that's a long time in anyone's life, changes happen. It would be an awful shame if that was all gone, and Mr Li passed.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I suspect that Mr Li is still hoarding away like a hi-fi squirrel. Money like that buys a lot of healthcare and he doesn't appear to be under any strain in those pictures. Fingers crossed anyway.
    On the minus side folk like him are ramping up the second-hand prices of this stuff for the rest of us. Remember when you couldn't give vintage stuff like DC Tannoys away? Lord knows how many went to the skip back then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

I could care less. As long as folk such as he preserve the stuff. Personally I'm just about done shopping.

I'm Jez.

I wonder how many malnourished children there are in the village....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Shane.

No such thing as the worlds no.1 audiophile

S.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I wonder how many malnourished children there are in the village....
    Actually, not exactly a village. The locations mentioned are all in the heart of the prosperous industrialised south-east. Guangzhou dwarfs London, with 44 million living in the metropolitan area. People were queuing to eat in KFCs when I visited.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Phh is that all he has !

Lol yeah picked up more records than that at the car boot on a rainy Sunday
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Paul.

We have no idea how he made his money, how much he may or may not give away to charity or anything else he does. The fact he lets people into his 'house' and club to listen to music he has bought, on (very expensive) kit he has bought, just to share it, should be applauded. Plenty of the uber rich share nothing (Philip Green????). What would have happened to that record collection had he not bought it? Landfill I suspect, or pounced on by dealers to be sold to hoarders. Good on him.

I'm Simon.

I remember seeing an article on Six Moons where Srajan visited a house in Cyprus that was an Alladdins Cave featuring near every piece of hi-fi I have ever dreamed of owning. Absolutely mental stuff including Lovecraft, Supratek etc, etc and a pair of bass horns that went 30ft into the garden. Asked him at the time to do a longer, in depth article on the gear.. reply "I'd love to but the guy has ten houses scattered round the Globe and is hardly ever there" Asked if the guy needed a janitor/housekeeper and I'd pay him 50 quid a week:-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast