+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 384khz?

I'm Josie.

Hi Grant... I was using that for quite some time too but I then gave 32/88 a go and to be honest I find it a tad better.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Grant... I was using that for quite some time too but I then gave 32/88 a go and to be honest I find it a tad better.
    Interesting.. im playing with 24/88 with my headphones and 32/88 too. Not sure which i prefer yet. 16/44 has its charms too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    From a sound quality point of view none whatsoever. From a selling magic beans to mug punters point of view, it's a ching ching.
    Spot on Martin. I would go a little further and suggest the whole HI Rez movement falls into that category.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Spot on Martin. I would go a little further and suggest the whole HI Rez movement falls into that category.
    I have bought a few albums on Qobuz in 24/96 format and found them to be noticeable better than the standard res. I was particularly impressed by an Eric Bibb live album. I also subscribed to the B&W download service for a while and again found their hires downloads to be noticeably more detailed and airy than standard formats. I cannot say whether I would notice any difference in quality beyond that but I would suggest that the 16/44 standard is somewhat limiting, even with my 57 year old ears. Out of curiosity I downloaded some frequency sweep files recently. My upper limit appears to be around 17khz or just below that with my lower range somewhat below 20 hz.

Geoff

I'm Martin.

If you can hear a difference then it is usually different mastering between the two versions, or the version with the lower sampling frequency has been deliberately hobbled.

The whole hi-rez thing has been a massive con job right from the start. There are no excuses, those involved knew the score right from the off.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

I think it depends on your equipment. I too buy a lot of my music from Qobuz, and the high res (24bit) music is better - but only by a tads whisker. So in the past it was not worth the extra money IMO.

However, as I've improved my streaming/DAC setup the difference has become more noticeable. My current combination of M2Tech Young DAC and Simaudio Mind 180 streamer really sings with 24bit files. 16bit still sound fine so I'll not be looking to replace any of mine with 24bit versions. But for some music where I think I want that little bit extra clarity and space around the instruments/players (choral for example) I'll stump up the extra for 24bit.
    Rob.