+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 384khz?

I'm paul.

Smile 384khz?

what is the point of DSD 384Khz.? When, the human ear is 20Hz - 20Khz? At best!!

Please enlighten me - thanx!
    John Wood 6L6 Valve Amp, with:

6L6GC Russian Original (no logo) Output Tubes 4x, supplied by J.Wood.
    ECC81 Mullard NOS Input Tubes 2x
    12AU7 (ECC82) Brimar NOS Input Tubes 2x

Wilson Benesch Actor Loudspeakers.

REL Stampede Subwoofer.

Cary Audio 100t Dac.
    M2Tech Hi-Face 2 RCA USB to S/PDIF (co-axial) converter.

HP Pavilion G6 - 2382sa D0Y14EA#ABU + "The Teddy" 19/3 - 19V 3.5A LPSU.

The Missing Link Ultra-Pure System ~ EPS-100 ~Audiophile Silver Un-switched Double Wall Socket +
    APC ‘SurgeArrest’ Surge protector - PM1W-UK (Schneider), + AG500P Power Inspired mains – ‘pure sine wave’ re-generator.

Sennheiser HD 558 headset.

I'm Chris.

Default Standards are dropping

Gosh standards are dropping fast, In the mid 1980's you could purchase a 644khz sampling rate converter, also with 20-20Khz frequency response.

I'm Geoff.

At the Vulcan Science Academy we laugh at your 20-20k hearing!

However, we wince when you write with chalk on a blackboard!

I'm Geoff.

I'm Chris.

Nice, but is it available on CD ? in the mean time- this is ( Metal Machine Music Lou Reed ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMSbKU2oZM

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Nice, but is it available on CD ? in the mean time- this is ( Metal Machine Music Lou Reed ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMSbKU2oZM
    Give me the chalk anyday!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by the_doc735 View Post
    what is the point of DSD 384Khz.? When, the human ear is 20Hz - 20Khz? At best!!

Please enlighten me - thanx!
    From a sound quality point of view none whatsoever. From a selling magic beans to mug punters point of view, it's a ching ching.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Josie.

It's all marketing. But I've found that 88.2khz is really nice and there is a subtle difference. Very subtle.

After experimenting with the highest rates for quite a while I think people are missing the big picture as it's not until you hear a properly recorded analogue tape that you realise what's really going on.
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 14-02-2017 at 09:28.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    From a sound quality point of view none whatsoever. From a selling magic beans to mug punters point of view, it's a ching ching.
    I suppose you might want to provide your pooch with an aural treat. Depends on whether you can get content and equipment capable of reproducing up to 45khz

I'm Grant.

32/384.. i use that on my rpi.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast