+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any suggestions for a stylus for my vintage Shure M75-6S cartridge Please??

I'm Anto.

Default Any suggestions for a stylus for my vintage Shure M75-6S cartridge Please??

Today I have mainly been tinkering with an old belt drive Ferguson TT that I have had for a yr or 2 .
    It has the M75-6S cart (with the metal holder thing) and as its the second cart I have of this variety , as the HMV/ADC has the same ) I have swapped the other in (that has an M91ED stylus in it - nice too)
    The TT had issues ,I suspected the DIN connector ,although it tested ok with a multimeter I think it had a fault somewhere , so today I finally unsoldered the whole cable from inside the guts and resoldered a new phono plug set and cable into it as a replacement !
    Problem solved and a nice sounding little baby it is too , plasticey yes , but very smooth and quiet actually with a nice enough sound !!
    I also fitted an AT 95E I have too ,and very similar but I prefer the Shure !!
    So , I have read a whole load of web stuff on the M75-6S , but wondered if anyone had a suggestion or even something to sell me (not that I am trying to tart myself about !
    I meant to say , suggestions as in the types of Shure styli or what ever will fit and sound great !!
    Thanks
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Alex.

I believe that all the 75 series styli will fit. As to whether the arm is good enough for all of them is another matter.

The M75/6 was a budget cartridge, but pretty good. The N75ED stylus should be an improvement if the arm will track it properly. Also worth considering is the N75EJ as it is a bit less demanding than the 75ED in respect of arm quality.
    Spendorman

I'm James.

Here you go Anto- replacement Jico stylus and cheap as chips.
    http://www.jico-stylus.com/product_i...oducts_id=1020

However I would try an M55e if you can find one. I am sure you will like this very musical cartridge.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Simon.

That's the cartridge I'm using and it sounds fantastic with a better stylus. I got mine from here https://www.turntableneedles.com/Shu...HE_p_1076.html and I'll get another when the time comes. I think you'll be impressed
    Simon.

I'm Johan.

High quality and reasonable price. I have used this stylus and can't be happier.

http://www.jico-stylus.com/product_i...oducts_id=1017

I'm Geoff.

Goldring used to manufacture replacement styli for Shure M75 series cartridges. They are very high quality, at least as good as Shure's original styli. These can occasionally be found as new old stock on ebay. Worth looking out for.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Anto.

Thanks Geoff and everyone !
    I think I might just as well look for an old stock stylus as you suggest , but they seem to command silly money sometimes , but is't that E Bay
    Need to keep looking
    I like the M91ED I bought from the US , but not actually sure what sort it is (its not genuine Shure ) and it was £21 a couple of years ago !
    Most probably more now
    As for fitting an M75-6s equivalent conical/spherical stylus , I wont bother either

I'm Anto.

I'm Johan.

Agree. It is a JICO as well. Best you can get these days. Better than NOS imo.

+ Reply to Thread