Sort of a mini review but I have only been using it for a week or so.
Comparison with a Pro-Ject DS Phonobox

I decided to change from a Benz Micro Silver HOMC to a Denon DL103 in my Stanton ST.150 turntable and this ended with the DS giving very high levels of hum at 60db of gain. The Rothwell was installed and although I had setup issues, they all were sorted after a few days. So, how does it compare...? Well, it doesn't really to be honest. The difference is like the proverbial chalk and cheese. No hum, just residual hiss which cannot be heard from the seating position, a massive stereo image even though I had argued that CD will always be better. There are now elements of the mix that are hugely more breathtaking than with the same recording on CD. Little sounds emerging and shooting across the space between the speakers with a massive level of realism. The whole mix is now separated into individual threads that are not just a mix of sounds but rather very separate threads. It is just so easy to hear individual instruments and effects and also overdubs and edits. The midrange contains an enormous amount of detail that was just not there with the DS and a huge sense of realism that was also missing. Bass is OK but I think that is a function of the arm on the Stanton. I have heard more bass in the past from the same vinyl.

Pro-Ject DS Phonobox - £225
Rothwell MC Headamp - £300

No comparison if you already have an inbuilt phono stage that is really good.