+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JVC TT-71 replinth

I'm Ian.

Thanks Tim, good luck with yours. Farrow and Ball eggshell is nice to use as it seems to have plenty of pigment. You can always wax it afterwards if you want a higher gloss.

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Thanks Mick. The feet are from Vic at Transfi Audio. Very sturdy and well made. http://www.trans-fi.com/shop
    Scroll down to find them.
    Ian Vic just made me some spikes with a threads for my turntable. Cant wait to fit them they look well made and solid. Thanks for the heads up. He also seems like a nice bloke.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Tim,
    It's a style I've used before - somewhere between Bauhaus and American diner Basically I inserted thinner ply between the Mu25 layers.

The radiuses were cut using a jigsaw then any voids filled and the whole thing rollered with a Farrow and Ball eggshell. This time I left a little of the roller texture on the finish as it gives it a look sort of like leather - to my mind anyway. I've used the same technique but with lots of wet and dry paper between coats to get a flat finish. Here's one I did earlier using a rather knackered Goldring G99 as base. The shiny trim in both cases is simply self adhesive car chrome trim.

I'm no great woodworker so basically it's lots of elbow grease and patience as you build up the paint layers
    Really like this plinth, excellent work, you've got me thinking about a painted finish for mine now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12